Codethink is currently recruiting several Software Engineers. As a Software Engineer, you will be expected to contribute proactively to our customer and internal projects, as well as having the flexibility to take on any role within the delivery lifecycle of a software project: from requirements capture, design and estimation to implementation, test and deployment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Participate in all phases of the full software development lifecycle
- Write well-designed, testable, efficient code
- Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
- Develop software test and verification plans and procedures
- Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics
- Follow project plans and industry standards
What are we looking for:
- A good communicator, both verbally and in writing
- A problem solver - we adapt and change to meet our client needs. We encourage and expect you to create new processes, make suggestions and build improvements with us
- Good organisational and time management skills
- A self starter - your role may have different demands from week to week
- Proactive attitude to learning and keen to grow skills
An ideal candidate will have experience in some or all of the following:
- All applicants should be/become comfortable using a Linux desktop and working with free and open source software (FOSS)
- Must be able to demonstrate intellect and intelligence, via academic achievement and/or other means
- Must be capable of dealing with pressure, uncertainty and deadlines
- Must demonstrate both willingness and ability to grasp new technical concepts
- Key technologies we work with: Any of Linux, C, C++, C#, Python, Rust, Java, device drivers, embedded, Git safety and security in terms of process and systems architecture (such as STPA modelling)
- May have experience of configuring CI/CD pipelines, build tools, SW deployment, embedded hardware, etc.
What can you expect from us?
- Competitive salary with annual salary reviews
- Personal budget of up to £2,000 per year for training and conferences
- Regular performance reviews to support your continued professional development
- Flexible approach to working
- 25 days of holiday plus the statutory bank holidays
- Supportive working environment and culture
- Desirable office location in Manchester City centre
- Casual dress code
- Company fun days and social events
- Free snacks, fruit, tea and coffee
- Relocation assistance if needed
- Opportunities to travel and do great work for our global customers
If it sounds like Codethink could be the right fit for you, we’d really like to hear from you.
To apply for this role please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.