Do you have an interest and desire to work with cutting edge technologies to solve challenging problems? Do you love automation? Would you like to help build a platform that helps security teams process millions of security alerts every day?
Swimlane is a rapidly growing, innovative startup with a passionate team focused on improving the lives of IT security practitioners through security automation and orchestration. At Swimlane, we work with a cutting-edge technology stack to create and distribute products that empower Security Operations teams to automate time-consuming and repetitive tasks, allowing them to focus on the advanced security activities that are most important to their work. We're headquartered in the Denver, CO metro area, but our employees span 23 states and 6 countries. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, along with a community-based culture of transparency and innovation. Become a Swimlaner today!
As a Backend Developer you will be a member of a software development team building innovative new features for the Swimlane application.
In this Backend Developer position, you will:
- Inherit a well-architected, clean and robust codebase built with .NET Core 3.x
- Evaluate and implement new libraries and components
- Ensure best practices are followed in the design and development of the application
- Contribute to and help manage our open source libraries
- Mentor other back end engineers
- Have opportunities to drive innovation by experimenting with emerging technologies, design patterns, libraries
Our ideal Backend Developer will have at least some of the following skills:
- Strong knowledge of C# and .NET Core
- NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Real-time web applications (Web Sockets / SignalR)
- Containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Swagger / OpenAPI Initiative
- Strong knowledge of design patterns and practices
- Experience in non-Microsoft tech stacks as Node, Python, Angular and others are also crucial components of Swimlane
- Source Control - Github
- Unit / Performance / Load Testing
- Experience with Continuous Integration - Jenkins/Travis/Circle/etc
- Experience working in Agile Environments - JIRA/Slack
- Working knowledge of SAAS Architecture and Deployments - AWS/Google Cloud/etc
To be considered for this role, you should:
- be comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment
- have an understanding of .NET Core and building scalable, tested applications
- have a working knowledge of NoSQL databases
- have experience defining and implementing Web APIs for internal and external usage
- have a technology-related Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
WHAT WE OFFER
In order for you to take care of yourself both professionally and personally, we offer a total rewards package that includes a number of great benefits, including:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage paid by Company at 100% for employee & 50% for dependents
- 401(k) plan participation with 3% Company safe harbor contribution & 100% immediate vesting
- Unlimited PTO & 11 Company paid holidays
- Company paid short-term disability, long-term disability, basic life insurance, and AD&D
- Health Savings Account (HSA) for eligible plan participants
- Company sponsored training & professional development opportunities
Here at Swimlane, we strive to represent our five core values in all things we do:
- Punch above your weight class - We make the most of our circumstances and constantly surprise and impress with our ability to deliver.
- Be a happy innovator - The hard problems are the fun problems to solve, we're excited to take on difficult challenges and find creative solutions.
- Always be leveling up - We are continuously improving, embracing change, and consuming information to better ourselves and each other.
- Move at the speed of WOW - We work with an extreme sense of urgency, but we never compromise quality.
- Have honesty and integrity in 'all the things' - We make decisions with the best of intentions, doing what is right for as many stakeholders as possible.
Please include links to your profiles on any of the following: Github, BitBucket, or StackOverflow.