Creative Assembly’s award-winning team behind Alien: Isolation are exploring new frontiers with a brand-new and exciting Sci-Fi First-Person Shooter IP.
This is a rare opportunity for a Senior Core Technology Programmer to join our console development team at our studio based in Horsham, West Sussex.
As a core technology programmer, you will be an essential part of the team and will work on developing systems using the Unreal game engine. You will be working closely with developers and creating technology to support artists and designers across the project.
At Creative Assembly, we are passionate about playing and making games so will come with a good knowledge of the games industry in general.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Provide programming support within the Console team and will be applying your C++ skills
- Develop production code as well as optimising and bug fixing existing core systems on multiple platforms
- Use industry standard tools for development of the game and source control
- Design, implement and iterate on new systems and technology
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Fluent in C++ 17 programming
- In-depth knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Being able to work well with other disciplines
- Attention to detail and a passion for making quality products
- Outstanding communication skills both verbal and written
- Experience with multi-platform development
- Experience with parallel programming
- A passion for games