SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SECURITY SOFTWARE ENGINEER (STARLINK)
Enabled by a constellation of low Earth orbit satellites, Starlink will provide fast, reliable internet to populations with little or no connectivity, including those in rural communities and places where existing services are too expensive or unreliable. Starlink is now delivering initial beta service and accepting pre-orders both domestically and internationally, and will continue expansion to near global coverage of the populated world in 2021.
SpaceX is seeking technical, passionate engineers to build security solutions for Starlink. We are looking for people who see the big picture, prioritize accordingly, and are comfortable with working at different levels of abstraction, and with a wide variety of technology.
Ideally, you will have notable skills in one or more of the following: network security, security architecture design, penetration testing, software development, system administration, or identity management. Being flexible, communicating clearly, and establishing and maintaining productive working relationships with other engineering teams are paramount to success. Joining this team at SpaceX means you’ll be among the first to secure some of the world’s most innovative technologies, ultimately having direct impact on tens of millions of potential users currently without reliable access to the internet.
- Drive security improvements in both existing infrastructure and new systems
- Build and maintain authentication and authorization systems
- Work to secure delivery and deployment of evolving software systems
- Partner with engineers to enable secure system administration and management
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, math, or science discipline OR 2+ years of professional experience in software development in lieu of a degree
- Experience analyzing systems for security issues or designing security into networked systems (internship and extracurricular experience is applicable)
- 1+ years of programming experience in an object oriented language (internship and extracurricular experience is applicable)
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to analyze and design secure network architecture
- Experience identifying and mitigating a range of security vulnerabilities
- Experience analyzing code for security issues
- Penetration testing expertise
- Track record of improving security operations
- Ability to work on their own with little supervision, in a team, and with other teams and their processes
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and teams
- Desire and ability to ramp up quickly on new technologies
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as needed
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000