About the Role
Our client facing engineering team is a unique component of the OpenMarket organization. Its focus is to work directly with current and potential enterprise clients to identify, build, and deliver custom development opportunities which can improve their experience. You will have involvement in the full cycle of software delivery, from inception and requirements gathering to testing and delivering. You will achieve success by project running development directly with internal sales contacts and external clients throughout the development process.
What You'll Be Doing
- You will split your time between software development and project management, needing to be comfortable in both roles.
- You will use your strong development abilities in order to deliver software in an efficient and effective manner to increase client happiness.
- You will design, develop, and maintain various custom software solutions, ranging from high-performance back-end integration infrastructure to fully-featured web applications.
- You will be put in charge of delivering projects for various companies.
- You will work with designs, breaking them down and making sure the solutions developed exceed expectations.
What to Bring
- Up to 5 years of programming experience, ideally with a focus in Java
- Previous interaction with MySQL/MariaDB
- Understanding of version control; we use Git
- Familiarity with dependency injection, unit testing, and mocking frameworks
- Track record of handling project delivery to strict timelines
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Enthusiasm for working closely with customers and colleagues from commercial teams
- Problem-solving, curious, and an analytical mind
- Strong self-motivation and time-management skills
- Ability to learn quickly and get stuck in
Nice to Have
- Experience with AWS: Lambda, API Gateway, DynamoDB
- Experience in a customer-facing technical role