Summary of Position
Responsible for managing all aspects of databases for Starz Entertainment Group (SEG) that support titles, customers, financials, and other key applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for installation, configuration, maintenance, monitoring, administration, and performance & tuning of database hardware and software
- Manage day-to-day operational support of development, test and production database environments including backup and recovery of production systems and cloning of databases to non-production systems on a scheduled and adhoc basis as required
- Responsible for query analysis and performance and tuning recommendations including plan analysis, index recommendations and database server configuration
- Collaborate with application teams in the design and implementation of database schemas to meet business objectives & technical requirements
- Monitor and report project status to ensure that projects are completed on time and within budget
- Define and enforce Starz Entertainment Group DBMS standards
- Compile and publish DBMS documentation
- Participate in rotation of on call duties for 24x7 support
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, minimum of 7 years of database experience with strong knowledge of technical and analytical tools relating to database development, maintenance and documentation
- Strong experience in Microsoft SQL Server required (AlwaysOn, Windows Clustering, Backup and Recovery, Performance and Tuning)
- Strong experience in AWS required (SQL Server RDS, DynamoDB, MySQL Aurora, VPC’s, Security Groups, IAM, Glue, EMR, S3 & AWS CLI)
- Strong experience in Scripting at least one of the following Python, PowerShell, Korn, or Bash
- Strong Linux/Unix system administration, TCPIP networks, clustered servers, SAN storage and client-server/web computing environments
- Knowledge of diverse database management technologies, tools, and alternatives and must understand the systems development life cycle and have an understanding of business processes
- Oracle 12c.
- Snowflake Data Warehouse
- Commvault, Rubrik or Cohesity
- NoSQL Environment (DynamoDB, MongoDB, Cassandra)
About the Company
Starz (http://www.starz.com), a Lionsgate company (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B), is a leading global media and entertainment company that produces and distributes premium streaming content to worldwide audiences across subscription television platforms. Starz is home to the flagship domestic STARZ® brand, STARZ ENCORE, 17 premium pay TV channels and the associated on-demand and online services, including the highly rated STARZ app. With the launch of the STARZPLAY international premium streaming platform and STARZ PLAY Arabia, Starz is expanding its global footprint in a growing number of territories. Sold through multichannel video distributors, including cable operators, satellite television providers, telecommunications companies, and other online and digital platforms, Starz offers subscribers more than 7,500 distinct premium television episodes and feature films, including STARZ Original series, first-run movies and other popular programming.
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a “best of global SVOD” content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with U.S. audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
- Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
- Annual discretionary bonus and merit increase
- Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
- 401(k) company matching
- Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
$122,400 - $149,300
Lionsgate is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees and applicants are evaluated on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws. In addition, Lionsgate will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Lionsgate will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and federal law.