- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of software development experience, or 1 year with an advanced degree.
- Experience in software development using Go.
- Experience with storage technologies and Kubernetes.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- Experience working with cloud platforms (Google Cloud Platform, etc.).
- Experience working with solutions that span hybrid and multi cloud infrastructures.
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages.
About the job
Google Cloud's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google Cloud's needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. You will anticipate our customer needs and be empowered to act like an owner, take action and innovate. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
The Hybrid Cloud Storage team's vision is to allow customers to run containerized stateful applications across any Anthos platform, including Google Cloud Platform (GCP), in hybrid and multi-cloud environments.
Kubernetes (K8s) is an orchestration engine that automates deployments/scaling, manages the lifecycle of containers, and enables building modern hybrid applications that can be written once and run anywhere. Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE) is the GCP hosted version of Kubernetes that simplifies the Kubernetes administration and management allowing customers to focus on their application logic.
While container adoption is primarily focused on stateless applications, meaning customers need to continue to run their data critical workloads outside of GKE, we are working on providing enterprise-level data protection services to enable all stateful applications in Kubernetes.
Google Cloud provides organizations with leading infrastructure, platform capabilities and industry solutions. We deliver enterprise-grade cloud solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs, giving customers a foundation for the future. Customers in more than 150 countries turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to solve their most critical business problems.
- Help deliver high quality and usable products for our customers enabling them to succeed.
- Design and implement new features in Kubernetes.
- Work with cloud, hybrid and on-prem infrastructure.
- Collaborate within the team, across teams and within the OSS community.
- Help shape team culture and create a great work environment.