CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Partner in a team environment or be able to independently design, develop, code, test and debug new software or significant enhancements to existing software of moderate complexity. Develop solutions across many disciplines and be responsible for explaining solutions and procedures. Apply principles, theories and concepts and use methodologies, tools, documentation processes and test procedures to complete projects related to moderately complex software.
- Implements enhancements for legacy systems per new business requirements
- Knowledge of enterprise ordering applications for Federal, Commercial and Wholesale users
- Tasks may include designing and coding programs and testing and documenting changes and enhancements, leveraging SQL databases to store information
- Working knowledge of both Web Services and Bus Services.
- Analyzes business requirements for the purpose of assisting integration with current applications
- Interest and experience in Agile development cycles, CenturyLink uses SAFe
- Tasks may include training and system demos for business customers and product owners, providing user activity education, and one-on-one support
- Ability to help with production support as required, working on root cause analysis with end goal to implement solutions for top fall out items.
- Interaction with global CenturyLink partners.
- Consulting level Typically with 6+ years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree.
- 4+ years of experience with a Master's Degree
- Eclipse – IDE
- Knoweldge of SQL Developer or other sql programs
- Creation and execution of SQL statements
- Jira, Dimensions exposure for source code management
- TIBCO or other bus messaging services.
- Creation, testing and consumption of various styles of web services such as REST.
- Knowledge of telecommunciations industry terms and products is a plus
Education Bachelors or Equivalent Masters or Equivalent