Do you love making games that people love to play? So do we! And that's why we are looking for more talented individuals to join our Games Team. We are currently on the search for for a Unity Tools Programmer with solid experience in making effective and easy to use tools for our teams.
In this role at Tactile Games, you will join a team composed of both gameplay-focused and technically-minded engineers. You will have the opportunity to collaborate across teams and studios to build best in class enhancements and new tools for our editor.
Our games are developed using Unity, so we expect all our programmers to have solid knowledge of mobile game development in Unity3D and C# in order to fully support the entire team of artists, level designers and co-engineers. We are proud of being a lean organization and we always give out a lot of responsibility to our employees. It is therefore important to us that you are not only very self-driven and open-minded, but that you are also not afraid to be critical (in a constructive way, of course) and to collaborate with your colleagues to find solutions.
This full-time position is available immediately and on-site in our Derby (UK) office.
As a Unity Tools Programmer, you will be:
- Writing and developing new tools in the Unity editor
- Maintaining and advancing existing tools to be used in any of our games
- Working with our content pipeline to allow maximum efficiency for our content creators
- Collaborating with artists, designers and engineers to find effective solutions to their problems and to achieve results that benefit all users of our technology
- Roughly 3 years of experience with game programming in Unity3D
- Experience with developing Unity editor tools
- Excellent knowledge of C#
- Strong 3D math and dynamics skills
- Great attention to detail
- Solid systems and architectural thinking
- Previous experience with developing mobile games with a large amount of content delivery and a good sense of F2P game design
- Experience with TDD (test driven development)
- Knowledge of other analytics tools and programming languages, especially Objective C and Java
We would love for you to become a part of our story, so apply now! We welcome candidates of all backgrounds from all over the world (but please make sure your application is in English).