Who we are
Valeyo is a leading Canadian-based solutions provider to the financial services industry. In addition to being a leader in loan origination technology, we are a trusted distributor for industry-leading carriers and service providers across Canada. Our partners' products strengthen our proprietary technologies and expand our suite of lending and insurance solutions. With more than 40 years of business excellence behind us, Valeyo unites a diverse group of insurance, technology, business, and marketing professionals with a common purpose: to help our clients thrive through strong partnerships. Through the combination of our services-driven vision and distribution expertise, we can push further and faster to provide our clients with a broader range of financial solutions for their customers.
As an organization, we subscribe to the concept of winning as a team, working together, and implementing the best ideas put forward. Guided by our core values of accountability, partner-centricity, teamwork & collaboration, results-orientation, integrity, and passion, we take a unified approach to achieving our shared purpose: accelerating our success and that of our clients by building better businesses.
Who we need
Valeyo is seeking a seasoned Software Engineer to join our growing team. This is a six-month contract opportunity with the possibility of extension or a permanent position. You will work within our new Lending technology, primarily focused on API integrations. You will collaborate with architects on design and help guide our platform roadmaps for our web-based applications using a Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA).
Who you are
You are a top-notch engineer who takes pride in designing elegant solutions and developing impeccable code. A Senior Software Engineer, you have a passion for innovation and championing best practices. You are a meticulous thinker who can effectively work out all the details when presented with big ideas. You can take feedback constructively and iterate on ideas and solutions from multiple stakeholders with differing opinions. You want to play an essential role contributing clean code to new products, staying true to our company's core values and needs while lending your own creativity to the mix.
What's in it for you
Ownership, autonomy, and impact. This is an opportunity to rapidly come up to speed on our solution and lead cloud-native development. You will work in close collaboration with an Agile Scrum team, owning project deliverables. You will have the flexibility to plan, try, and drive your work, drawing on your expertise and best practices. If you are looking for an opportunity to see the code you write come to life quickly and impact a large industry rapidly, this is the place. You will have the chance to extend your contract further with the possibility of a full-time position.
What you will do:
- Design and build. You will plan and execute full software development life cycles (SDLC) for each assigned project, from design to release, collaborating across the Agile team. You will adhere to company standards and expectations. You will play a critical role in developing a new software product from the ground up, focusing on the integrations for partners, clients, and carriers and working with vendors. You will participate in the design/code review and change code meetings, creating agendas and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Collaborate. You will work closely with the Product Manager and other SMEs to interpret requirements and translate them to software solutions. You will work with the Quality Assurance team to review test plans, test scenarios, and test cases.
- Continuous improvement. You will participate in efforts to improve software development life cycle processes.
What you bring:
- The education and experience. You may have a degree in Computer Science or a related field. You have deep and broad hands-on expertise in software development, building scalable web-based applications following a user-centric design approach. An understanding of technology in financial services and lending is preferred. You think creatively and have an analytical mindset, and enjoy diving in to solve complex problems.
- The technical skills. You have experience with:
- The Microsoft technology stack, including .Net Core, Entity Frameworks.
- Developing and consuming REST APIs.
- Angular for Front End development.
- Integrations between systems.
- SQL Server, and TFS source control.
- The Agile approach. You have experience working within an agile software development process, specifically with Scrum and backlog management tools. You thrive in an evolving environment and stepping up to different challenges every day. You are highly collaborative and can work cross-functionally with stakeholders, product managers, architects, developers, and end-users.
- The communication skills. You have strong oral and written skills. You ask intelligent questions to obtain information, identify root causes, and determine a solution. You can explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience. You can participate and lead group requirement sessions with confidence and conciseness.
The Valeyo Way:
Through collaboration and innovation, everything we do at Valeyo is focused on people - those we help and those we hire.
It's #thevaleyoway to empower our people with autonomy to make decisions that align with our values, to treat each other with compassion focusing on what we can accomplish as a team; and to recognize our individual and collective efforts.
We share a passion and drive for success and are a proudly diverse team. Embracing our differences enhances everything we are involved in from our social awareness as an organization, to our creative problem solving, to the communities we support.
We offer our team the best of both worlds: a fast-paced, innovative FinTech environment and an established organization. This includes:
- A healthy, fulfilling work-life balance through a flexible hybrid work model, a Health and Personal Spending Account. Plus the comprehensive benefits and perks of a financially stable organization including Group Retirement Savings Plan (RRSP) with a company match for Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP) and a generous paid-time-off policy including vacation, personal/sick time, wellness day and statutory holidays.
- A continuously evolving people-first environment that takes time to have some fun (virtual team building events including scavenger hunts, charity drives, FitBit challenges, photo challenges, and virtual social events, including team lunches, and once we're able to safely do so, awesome potlucks, costume competitions, and karaoke battles) while providing access to professional development opportunities through training and educational assistance programs.
- A bigger than us outlook. Every year we offer $1000 grants to students who are credit union members. It's just one of the ways we support financial opportunity and growth beyond our virtual walls and in the community.
If you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for and want to be part of success, we encourage you to express your interest. We can't promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience. Apply now.
Valeyo is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Valeyo will provide reasonable accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the recruitment process. Please contact [ Link Removed ] for accommodation requests.