*This role can be based in Buffalo or Toronto, Canada*
ACV Auctions is the leading dealer-to-dealer, online automotive marketplace in the nation. We bring transparency to every transaction from start to finish, ensuring peace of mind and value for our customers. We do this with a combination of the industry’s best technology and the world’s best people. As a result of our team’s tireless effort and dedication, we’re growing at a staggering rate. ACV is attracting new people from widely different backgrounds and geographies who are invested in the genuine belief that we are creating something special.
What are we looking for:
ACV Auctions is seeking an Android Software Engineer that is responsible for the development and maintenance of our Android applications for a diverse and vast number of devices.
What you’ll be doing:
• Design, develop, and maintain code for our web-based applications.
• Collaborate with software and production engineers to design scalable services, plan feature roll-out, and ensure high reliability and performance of our products.
• Conduct code reviews, develop high-quality documentation, and build robust test suites for your products.
• Design and build complex systems that can scale rapidly with little maintenance.
• Design and implement effective service/product interfaces.
• Develop complex data models using common patterns like EAV, normal forms, append only, event sourced, or graphs.
• Develop roadmaps and prioritizes technical debt to effectively plan features and work.
• Able to lead and successfully complete software projects without major guidance from a manager/lead.
• Lead in team discussions to define requirements on new and current products, as needed.
• Provide technical support for many applications within the technology portfolio.
• Respond to and troubleshoot complex problems quickly, efficiently, and effectively.
• Handle multiple competing priorities in an agile, fast-paced environment.
What you will need:
• BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
• Minimum 4 years of experience working with continuous integration and build tools.
• Deep knowledge in day-day tools and how they work including deployments, k8s, monitoring systems, and testing tools.
• Highly proficient in version control systems including trunk based development, multiple release planning, cherry picking, and rebase.
• Proficient in databases (RDB), SQL, and can contribute to table definitions.
• Self-sufficient debugger who can identify and solve complex problems in code.
• Deep understanding of major data structures (arrays, dictionaries, strings).
• Experience building RPC services using either Thrift, gRPC, or equivalent.
• Experience with containers and Kubernetes.
What we will offer:
• Competitive salary and benefits.
• Upbeat innovative culture.
• Professional training opportunities.
• Flexible schedules.
Hiring is contingent on a satisfactory background check as permitted by law. Any falsification of your application or any other hiring materials is grounds for rescinding an offer or termination of employment.
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.