We LOVE going to work and think you should, too! Are you our next Untangler?
Untangle is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Firewall / Networking Engineering team. This is a great role for participating in open source projects. In this position, you will be an integral part of the development of world-class networking and security products. You will drive discovery and evolution of new technologies to maximize development efficiency and performance. You will get the opportunity to work with our global team of talented engineers to design and build the next generation of our platform. Our people are doers and we make it happen!
Here's a Bit About Us:
Untangle® is an innovator in cybersecurity for the below-enterprise market, safeguarding people’s digital lives at home, work and on-the-go. Untangle’s integrated suite of software and appliances provides enterprise-grade capabilities and consumer-oriented simplicity, bringing a new generation of smart security to homes and small-to-mid-sized businesses.
Initially you will be expected to telecommute due to the Covid-19 closures. This position will be based out of our Boulder engineering office, which we expect to return to at a time when deemed safe and local restrictions are lifted.
We offer a dynamic, fun work environment where the snacks are plentiful and the walls are bright. We even provide weekly catered-in lunches - YUM! Of course, we offer all the benefits you’d expect, like medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account options, and 401(k)
What You'll Do:
Design Open Source Linux-based firewall routers for cost effective solutions for global customer base
Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and develop new features and enhancements
Troubleshoot defects and perform root cause analysis
Fix bugs and improve system performance
Make a difference!
What You'll Need:
5+ years working knowledge of Java or Go
5+ years working experience of software engineering
5+ years of Linux/Unix development, shell and python scripting experience
Experience in developing systems for high reliability and scalability
Understanding of network management and security
- Intrinsic drive towards KISS and DRY principles
*Bonus Points if: You share a link to a project you're proud of or your GitHub*
Here's the perks:
We offer a dynamic, fun work environment where the snacks are plentiful and the walls are bright. It's a high-energy atmosphere of reliable bold products disrupting the networking industry. As an Untangler, you'll enjoy...
- Competitive base comp + uncapped commission
- Generous paid time off: 18 days of PTO and 11 paid holidays
- Full medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 401K program with matching
- Company-paid life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Lots of freedom for creativity and personal growth
- Free catered lunches
- Stock option equity participation
Did you hear about some of our many accolades, including:
- Cyber Defense Magazine - 2020 Most Innovative for Small to Medium Size Business (SMB) in Cybersecurity
- The Edtech Awards - 2020 Cool Tool Winner in Security Solution for K-12 and Higher Ed
- SC Awards- 2020 Excellence Award for Best SME Security Solution
- Spiceworks #1 Best Content Filtering Appliance
- Spiceworks #1 Best Software Firewall
Check us out: http://www.untangle.com