The Marketing Optimisation and Messaging teams empower other Canvanauts to connect with our users. By creating and running Canva’s marketing technology platform, we run the services that connect with millions of our users through many channels, delivering offers, updates and personalised content to Canva users around the world. The platform continues to grow and our mission is to scale the platforms to meet the demands of connecting with our ever-growing user base while helping to make Canva’s brand one of the most loved in the world. If you love challenges and want to join the team working on this great mission, we’d love to hear from you.
This role is to provide technical leadership for unifying Canva's Marketing and Engagement (M&E) Platform architecture. The current projects are to provide tooling for individual marketing channels. We need an experienced engineer to bring together all these streams of work and develop a cohesive in-house Marketing Platform for all our Marketing needs and teams.
- Architect and build high performance, Martech/Adtech systems capable of processing large volumes of data in real-time, and that are secure and preserve customer privacy
- Drive and collaborate on technical strategies and development across the M&E Platform group and in doing this demonstrate strong and effective communication skills
- Provide technical expertise through knowledge sharing and collaboration for backend projects across Marketing & Engagement
- Facilitating knowledge sharing within the group as well, with a focus on supporting the growth and development of Craft and Strategy amongst M&E backend engineers
- Guiding complex backend projects in M&E, and identifying opportunities for teams to leverage existing systems and engineering patterns
- Demonstrates engineering excellence - Able to lead and own and put together solution designs in the adtech/martech space
Experience and Skills
- In-depth knowledge of the Martech and Adtech landscapes, architectures, and vendors
- Experience with Distributed Systems, Backend Development and AWS
- Some experience with Front End Development will be advantageous
- Experience working with APIs and 3rd party integrations. E.g. Google Ads, Apple Ads, Smartly, Braze, Twilio or Facebook APIs are highly desirable
- Experience in engineering high throughput / high volume messaging applications is highly desirable
- Experience designing, building, and maintaining complex systems
- Familiarity with working on very large data sets with big data tools such as Apache Spark, Hadoop, and MapReduce
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.