What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
Are you a full-stack developer who is looking to make the move to enterprise web applications? Do you value long-term code maintainability? If so, the SAP Concur Travel Engineering team has an opportunity just for you.
As an industry leader, our cloud-based SaaS product is used by millions of people around the globe and we need to make their experience even more delightful and efficient. While some of our code base is old enough to vote, we are revitalizing it with cloud-first concepts and technologies including containerization in some areas, serverless architecture in others, and increased use of NoSql data stores.
We are travel engineering, tasked with the challenge of creating industry-leading travel products (Concur Travel, Concur TripLink, and Concur Request) designed to keep business travelers happy and productive while giving companies visibility and control when and where they need it.
In your first 12 months as a engineer on the Travel Engineering team, you will:
- Ship: The most important thing that our team can do for the company is to ship tools and services to our customers. Aside from adding direct value, it is also the ultimate validation of our research and development efforts.
- Learn: We move fast and are unafraid to venture into the unknown if it can improve our software or the way in which we deliver that software. As a result, we are constantly learning new technologies and new approaches.
- Lead: Everyone must be constantly learning and must be constantly teaching others on the team. This can come in the form of code reviews, one on one pairing sessions, group teaching sessions, and more. Everyone in our group has opportunities to lead us in adopting new technologies, evolving our processes, and innovating within our product.
- Fluency in one or more of these languages: golang, kotlin, java, or C#.
- An understanding of functional programming techniques as well as writing unit and integration tests should also be considered a normal part of writing code.
- Experience with Docker, Helm, Kubernetes, and a broad array of AWS primitives such as EC2, AMIs, EKS, Dynamo, Code Deploy, etc.
- A high degree of intellectual curiosity and a lack of fear for learning something new. You should be open to learn from others and willing to help mentor and teach.
- To pair well with other engineers in pair programming efforts, and to pair well with product owners to clarify requirements.
- Familiarity with common compliance frameworks that impact software development: FedRAMP, PCI, SOC1, SOC2, and more.
- Be comfortable owning cloud services end to end, leading implementation of new distributed systems, using AWS services and best practices such as zero-downtime production deployments, canaries, frequent deployments, and feature-flag-driven development.
What do you need to bring?
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience
- 5+ years of experience delivering successful full-stack web application projects.
- 2+ years experience implementing or maintaining solutions using AWS primitives.
- 2+ years of experience with golang, kotlin, java, or C#.
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID:307941 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Limited Full Time | Additional Locations: Virtual - USA