Who we are
N26 has reimagined banking for today’s digital world. Technology and design empower everything we do and it’s how we are building the global banking platform the world loves to use.
We've eliminated physical branches, paperwork, and hidden fees for an elegant digital experience and supreme savings. Giving people the power to live and bank their way is what gets us out of bed in the morning and inspires the work that we do.
N26 has international offices in Berlin, Barcelona, New York and Vienna.
About the opportunity
In the N26 Vienna Tech Hub, we are building the best digital experience for our customers, delivering new features to improve the value and compliance of our membership products.
We are seeking an assured Lead Backend Developer to join our expanding teams in Vienna, establish, and deliver upon, a shared team Technical Vision which is aligned with the product roadmap that results in big outcomes for our customers.
Our cross-functional teams are passionate about collaboration and sharing knowledge, as well as working with a high degree of autonomy.
As a Lead Developer at N26, you will have the opportunity to play a key role in safeguarding high standards and setting a clear technical agenda within your team. You will also have a significant impact on the growth of the individuals within this team.
We highly encourage people from under-represented groups in tech to apply.
- Working as part of global customer experience team you will take responsibility and technical ownership of the back end product development
- You will build architectures and write code that is able to fulfil the needs of our users and own it from idea over development to operations
- You will mentor and coach the team of back end engineers, cultivating DevSecOps culture and pragmatic engineering attitude
- You will drive the team's build-it-ship-it attitude by demonstrating healthy engineering practices and release frequently to production
- You will take a lead on back end development initiatives and will take all technical decisions that it needs to move forward quickly
- 5+ years of experience in building digital products in Java or/and Kotlin
- Experience architecting and developing complex systems for CD in a cloud-based environment
- Experience leading developers, tech mentoring and working with cross-functional teams
- You are familiar with and enjoy working in Agile technical setup (e.g. Scrum, CI/CD, DevOps, Cloud).
- You have full professional proficiency in English and good communication skills
What’s in it for you:
- We offer a competitive salary based on your qualification and experience. The salary range for this position starts at 82,100 EUR gross per year.
- Accelerate your career growth by joining Germany’s #1 Top Startup, named by LinkedIn three years running ?
- Personal development budget, fully subsidized public transit pass, fitness memberships, N26 premium bank card, and your choice of a Mac or Windows laptop
- 26 vacation days per year, with an additional day for each year of service - up to 30 days
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers, getting things done attitude, and access to cutting edge technologies
- Rotating selection of hot and cold drinks, snacks, complimentary lunch on Wednesdays, plus pizza, wine and beer on Fridays
- A relocation package with visa support for those who need it
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
N26 is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.