At Picnic we care about health and safety, so currently all interviews are done online and our team is working from home. We keep a close eye on the developments around Covid-19, and support your relocation to Amsterdam when it is safe to do so. It is possible to start working remotely with us - have a peek at how the remote onboarding is going here.
Do you want to be part of the grocery revolution? At Picnic you get the chance to join a young and forward-thinking start-up culture, where everything you do matters. With a data-driven approach and an incredible service, Picnic strives to make grocery shopping simple, fun, and affordable for everyone. Known for our just-in-time supply-chain and a unique last-mile delivery strategy, we have become one of the fastest-growing companies of the Netherlands!
We have software at our core and display a relentless focus on innovation. Your toolkit will consist of next generation technologies. We want our Infrastructure Engineers to be the glue that binds our engineering team while making an impact on the future of in-app grocery shopping.
Where you fit in
Picnic is a tech-first venture. Our customers depend on the mobile store for the delivery of their groceries. As one of our Infrastructure Engineers, it is critical that you ensure our systems remain secure and all operational requirements are fulfilled. Each day you roll-up-your developer sleeves, put on your operator’s hat, and get to work coordinating networks and deploying resources. You keep our systems running smooth, clean, and robust.
We are built on the cloud, so no server hugging. With your finger on the pulse of the entire pipeline, you offer practical advice on deployment while defining and executing our cloud automation strategy. You strive for fast delivery in rapid iterations and have a strong focus on service availability, scalability, and resilience.
We push innovation with forward thinking ideas and new technologies. Currently, we’re moving towards containerization and infrastructure-as-code deployments. With your inventive mind and analytical approach, you take the opportunity to test and develop more advanced architecture.
As well as being a tech and operational savvy person, you’re a practical visionary – you know how each system modification will benefit the business. With the latest tech, and alongside awesome colleagues, you help us establish the future of in-app grocery shopping.
We’re open sourcing, so if you require more motivation to apply - check out our page: http://picnic.tech
What challenges await you
- Design, create, own, and maintain our systems and service deployments (AWS based)
- Continuously improve our infrastructure for better scalability, security, and fault tolerance
- Integrate DevOps methodology into development, deployment, and operations lifecycle
- Create super clean, well-structured, efficient deployment, monitoring, and application management scripts
- Enable rapid deployment of new product features with the necessary safeguards to maintain stability, high availability, and performance
Who you are
- You have a degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent - or relevant experience
- You have more than 1 year of experience in a professional environment
- You are proficient at configuring and deploying Docker containers
- You also have some experience with cloud computing
- You are familiar with shell scripting, or another scripting language
- Your English is fluent and structured (Dutch is not required)
- ...and you don't mind collecting bonus points with your experience in deploying and managing Java applications
Technologies you'll use
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Terraform
- PostgreSQL (PostGIS), MongoDB, Snowflake
- ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, Kinesis
Hungry for more? Check out https://stackshare.io/picnic-technologies for an overview of our tech stack.
Located in Amsterdam, our fun-filled office is the best place for you to focus on your Picnic projects. Equipped with your favorite hardware and surrounded by like-minded people, you’ll grow professionally and personally, while enjoying the startup life along the way. We like to keep our 40-hour work-week flexible around here.
Our tech team consists of 15 product teams, which handle tons of innovative projects. Sharing, mentoring and keeping up to date is a must at Picnic: Meetups, webinars, Lunch & Learn sessions, and our very own Tech academy make sure that’s taken care of. Your soft skills will get some attention as well, with tailored training and courses.
Our salaries are market competitive and our pension program will put your mind at ease.
Sure! If you join Picnic from abroad, we’ll cover your trip to Amsterdam, sponsor your Visa, and offer you a month of accommodation while you settle in.
If you are joining us from a country that doesn’t allow traveling to the Netherlands just yet due to Covid-19, there's a chance that your onboarding could take place remotely. We had lots of new team members starting their Picnic-journey remotely already, you can have a peek at how it's going here.
What are you waiting for? Get in touch! And no worries, the whole process is currently fully remote, to keep everyone safe and healthy.