Lifemark is seeking a Registered Counselling Therapist in Cumberland County, NS. The successful candidate will work from a home office and have the opportunity to collaborate with our multidisciplinary team The successful candidate will possess a Master’s Degree in a counselling-related field such as Psychology or Social Work, and must be actively registered with the NSCCT.
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, you will work with clients referred via insurance companies, legal firms and other third-party organizations to address psychological concerns related to injury and trauma, psychosocial factors in recovery, functional improvement, disability management and return-to-work planning.
- Provides assistance to the Psychologist in the completion of initial psychological screens as well as comprehensive psychological assessments
- Reviews file documents and requests additional information as required
- Assists in analyzing assessment data, formulating conclusions and providing specific treatment recommendations
- Prepares a comprehensive report of findings within required time frames
- Explains the purpose of assessment, limits of confidentiality, and obtains proper authorizations from client
- Conducts comprehensive clinical interview to determine current emotional/psychosocial functioning and appropriateness for treatment
- Administers psychometric testing and assists in interpretation
- Minimum Master’s Degree in a counselling-related field such as Counselling, Psychology, or Social Work
- Registered with the Nova Scotia College of Counselling Therapists
- Experience implementing CBT model
- Excellent report writing skills
- Experience in the treatment of emotional, cognitive and behavioral dysfunction
- Experience with challenging client groups with complex impairments preferred
- Experience preparing assessment, progress and discharge reports
- Participates in team conferences to discuss clients’ treatment plan and goals, the progress made to date, and any barriers to treatment.
- Works closely with the interdisciplinary team, providing insights and strategies from a psychosocial perspective to enhance the broader treatment approach
- Psychological case management input and direction to interdisciplinary team members in regards to client progress, psychosocial barriers, conflict resolution and discharge planning, via attending case conferences, team meetings and clinical record-keeping.
Apply today! Please visit our website at www.lifemark.ca