Jack Henry & Associates, a leading provider of technology solutions and payment processing services primarily for the financial services industry; is hiring a Senior DevOps Engineer to join the Symitar product development team. The DevOps and Automation team provides internal support to the product development group by providing CI/CD scripting, process automation, and cloud environment design, deployment, and administration.
This position requires strong technical and interpersonal skills, to work with developers, architects, quality assurance, product management and other team members. Team members are able to multi-task and independently prioritize, ensuring all of their internal customers are given the best support possible. They have excellent technical skills and learn systems easily. While each team member is self-sufficient, they help one another and work as a team whenever appropriate.
Jack Henry provides strong opportunity for career progression not only within product development but across the organization as well.
This position will be filled to work out of any of the following Jack Henry office locations: Allen, TX / San Diego, CA.
- Minimum 6 years of software development, systems engineering or infrastructure operations experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience deploying and monitoring applications
- Must have experience with DevOps tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Terraform).
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Solid technical knowledge in automation, configuration management and software development frameworks and methodologies.
- System and network administration and troubleshooting skills (Unix and Windows)
- Demonstratable scripting experience, such as Python.
- Cloud environment experience (Azure a plus)
- Java or C# experience a plus
- Act as technical leader in design and implementation of system deployment automation and configuration management tools.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require extensive research and analysis.
- Establishes and reviews business and technical requirements and overall project plans to define or refine standards, ensure adherence to standards, and to facilitate the transfer of knowledge throughout the development staff.
- Construct, improve and maintain the automated deployment pipelines.
- Build and maintain system and application snapshots for use with continuous delivery.
- Develop software in appropriate scripting languages using agile design-build-test methodologies.
- Develop unit tests alongside production code in a continuously integrated environment.
- Develop and build operating system release media.
- Adhere to team design and development standards.
- Actively participate in all phases of the software development life-cycle, including research, prototyping, detailed design, development, technical documentation, and defect fixing.