Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We are working together in autonomous teams that take full responsibility for their own part of the Spotify ecosystem, including writing code with high standards, hosting our services in Google Cloud Platform, monitoring our services, measuring quality and guaranteeing service reliability.
Some teams work with a feature like search, others focus on supporting monitoring or making it super easy to deploy features on a certain type of client. You will join a team where everyone shares a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development. Together we try to find new ways to create a great Spotify experience for all our users at all times. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
Please note: this posting represents multiple roles across various teams, including a range of responsibilities and experience levels.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop and deploy backend services with a focus on high availability, low latency and scalability
- Build and operate infrastructure, toolset and deployment pipelines
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and become a valued member of an autonomous, cross- functional team
- Take operational responsibility for the services that are owned by your team, potentially including taking part in an on-call rotation
- Work in an environment that supports your individual growth
- Continuously improve our product by innovating on the service through the usage of A/B tests.
Who you are
- You architect, design, develop and maintain Java code in symbiosis with a handful of other languages
- You are interested in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
- You are comfortable working with modern infrastructure and tools
- You are comfortable running your software in Linux environments
- You know and care about sound engineering practices like continuous delivery, defensive programming and automated testing
- You’re familiar with designing and building distributed and scalable systems and enjoy seeing millions of users running your code
- You have a good understanding of data structures and algorithms, and understand how to apply them to design pragmatic solutions
You will work from our awesome office in Stockholm - we offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 320 million users.