$1000 BONUS ELIGIBLE
Westchester Gardens is a Premier Five Star facility in Clearwater. Our strong values and commitment to quality care are evident in our stellar survey results and astonishing success at maintaining a COVID Free facility throughout the challenging pandemic. The Wound/ Skin care Nurse Manager is a dynamic position within the Nursing Leadership team at Westchester Gardens.
- Responsible for wound care program within the facility including pressure ulcer prevention and early identification.
- Make weekly rounds with Wound Care specialist
- Staff development responsibilities include providing education and direction in regards to wound/ skin care.
- Conduct the daily nursing functions in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long term care facility.
- Ensure that all nursing personnel assigned to you comply with the written policies and procedures including the safety program.
- Admit, transfer, and discharge residents with documentation regarding care and service provided.
- Participate in the orientation of new residents/family members to the facility.
- Utilize nursing personnel qualifications according to the resident’s care plan, wishes, and health care provider orders.
- Complete daily clinical and environmental rounds to evaluate resident care being provided and report significant events.
- Meet and resolve issues with residents and/or family members. Report significant issues to the supervisor.
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) as requested by management.
- May be responsible for clinical programs as directed, e.g. dementia, weight management, quality assurance, infection control, restorative nursing.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for wound/ skin care and demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Flexibility, Initiative and strong clinical skills are a must for this dynamic leadership position.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions and follow instructions.
- Must be able to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.
- Must be able to speak, write and understand English in a manner that is sufficient for effective communication with supervisors, employees, residents, and families.
Education and Experience
- Prefer to have experience in wound/skin care in a Skilled Nursing facility or similar experience.
- Minimum 2 years Skilled Nursing facility experience required.
- Must possess a current and active license to practice as an RN in this state.