Through its people and brands, CNH Industrial delivers power, technology and innovation to farmers, builders and drivers all around the world. Each of its brands, including Case IH, New Holland Agriculture, Case and New Holland Construction, FPT Industrial, Capital, and Parts & Service, is a major international force in its specific sector.
First shift position, part-time position, assigned to a mentor for the extent of the program; who will train and develop the individual’s skills to become proficient in the following areas:
Duties may include all or a portion of the following:
- Operate semi-automatic welding equipment to weld a variety of parts of steel plate, angles and sheet metal or various gauges to produce sub-assemblies and complete assemblies of company products. Perform down hand, horizontal and overhead welding operations. Vary welding techniques as necessary; exercise care to avoid burning, excessive distortion or springing. Weld for mechanical strength and vibration. Select voltage, current and wire feed settings within limits. Assemble parts in jigs or fixtures, bolt or clamp to hand in position.
- Operate automatic welding machine to weld a variety of parts, sub-assemblies and assemblies of company products. Position head and jigs on table, secure proper center so that as jig rotates the head is positioned to secure proper weld.
- Operate robot arc welding systems programmed to weld a variety of parts of steel plates, angles and sheet metals of various gauges to produce sub-assemblies and completed assemblies of company products. Assist with programming of the robot arc welding system using proven welding techniques. Exercise care in the handling of recorded programs for the use of the robotic system.
- Operate two automatic welding machines and a semi-automatic chucking lathe simultaneously, to weld and machine primarily trunnions of steel and steel alloys. Set-ups of the lathe involve setting limit stops, feed and speeds, changing chuck jaws, adjusting jaw pressure and other variables to turn and chamfer parts to meet dimensional specifications. Locate, handle, store and modify tooling using prescribed detail tool changes.
- Set up and operate semi-automatic welding equipment and horizontal milling machine to produce and assemble various types of baler plungers and components. Set up milling machine to face mill primarily weld assemblies. Set up locating fixtures, line up and shim as required to obtain proper work to cutter relationship of interrelated surfaces. Care required to avoid springing or warping of assembly by excessive holding pressure.
- Responsible for inspection of parts, SPC, TPM, teamwork, accuracy, inventory control duties as required, total quality, employee involvement, cost reductions, and training new operators.
- Maintain necessary records. Move materials as necessary in the performance of duties. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual conditions to proper supervision. Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations. Perform other duties as required or directed.
Knowledge of World Class Manufacturing Competencies:
- Workplace Organization
- Autonomous Maintenance
- Suggestion and Kaizen for Continuous Improvement
The term of the apprenticeship is 1 to 1 ½ years with an OJL attainment of 2,000 to 2,736 hours, supplemented by the minimum required 520 hours of related instruction.
Must be a student within the Career Pathways Institute of Grand Island Public Schools within the Industrial Technology Academy.