ASRC Federal Mission Solutions (AFMS) is seeking a Software Test Engineer in Moorestown, NJ to support testing the software and related systems of the real-time mission critical Aegis Weapon System and related programs. Successful candidates have experience in software development, can quickly gain an in-depth understanding of the interactions of assigned requirements and can develop both manual and automated tests to assess software implementation. This position requires a detail-oriented candidate able to work individually and as a part of a team with a test-driven perspective to ensure a high quality, functional, and stable system. Responsibilities include:
- Research and analyze system and software requirements to understand how new and/or modified features are expected to interact and behave and how best to test them.
- Collaborate with software and systems engineers to ensure mutual understanding of requirements.
- Identify, document, and track requirement, technical review, test plan, test procedure, test case, and automated test issues to closure.
- Prepare materials for, conduct, and/or participate in engineering technical reviews such as design, code, and peer reviews.
- Adjudicate and resolve test plan, test procedure, test case, and automated test issues.
- Write traceable test plans, test cases, test procedures, and automated tests to assess features based on analysis of software requirements to evaluate their design, behavior, interactions, and performance.
- Implement automated tests, maintain and adhere to the automated test framework, integrate automated tests into the DevSecOps pipeline, and monitor automated test results.
- Execute test plans, test procedures, test cases, and automated tests.
- Identify and document issues with the software, hardware, and related systems and track them to closure.
- Perform root cause analysis of identified issues.
- Capture debug and diagnostic information for identified issues to facilitate software and systems engineering resolution of issues.
- Collaborate with other test engineers, systems integration, performance engineering, systems engineering, software engineering, and management and perform work within an Agile DevSecOps (CI/CD) environment to ensure a high quality, stable, and functional system.
* Perform all work in accordance CMMI Level 5, policies, processes, and standards.
* Support performance and quality improvement efforts.
* Record, track, and report test performance and software quality metrics.
- US Citizenship in order to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Excellent collaboration, oral, presentation, and written communications skills; and commitment to high quality work products.
- 3-8 years’ experience analyzing requirements for testing or implementation in software.
- 3-8 years’ experience writing and executing manual test plans, test cases, and test procedures based on requirements; tracking and reporting test progress; identifying and describing issues arising from testing; and recording, communicating, and tracking issues to closure.
- 3-8 years’ experience conducting user level system and software troubleshooting; gathering system and software debug information for later analysis; and communicating with systems and software engineers to facilitate issue resolution.
- 3-8 years’ experience developing software using Python, Java, C, C++, or other high-level programming languages.
- 3-8 years’ experience implementing, executing, and maintaining automated test cases and their related frameworks using Python, Java, C, C++, or other high-level programming languages.
- 3-8 years’ performing root cause analysis of software and system issues.
- Experience working in a Unix/Linux environment; and Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to collaborate, engage, and effectively communicate within a team, across functions, across technical disciplines, across organizations and with management; work independently and as part of a team; receive mentoring; mentor others; adhere to and perform work in accordance with policies, processes, and standards; identify risks and improvement opportunities.
- Knowledge and familiarity of testing or developing software using Agile development methodologies; DevSecOps and CI/CD environments; various levels of test such as unit testing, component testing, system testing, and integration testing; types of testing such as black/white box testing; and where test fits in the SDLC.
- Experience with publish/subscribe architectures such as DDS; CI/CD/DevSecOps tools such as Jenkins; agile systems and/or bug tracking systems such as Atlassian Jira ; Agile methodologies such as scrum, user stories, sprints, etc.; CMMI Level 5 life cycle processes; data analysis; requirements tracking systems such as DOORS; Unix/Linux environments such as RedHat, RedHawk, Solaris, PowerMax_OS, HP-RT, HP-UX, VxWorks, and LynxOS; experience with AN-UYK-43 computers; and the Aegis Weapon System, its related systems, other real-time mission critical systems, or other weapons systems are pluses.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.