Breezy HR’s a globally loved, Jacksonville-based full-stack hiring platform for SMBs.
We’re looking for a Technical Writer on our Product team to use their knowledge of Breezy to teach our users to successfully adopt and implement our software to optimize their hiring workflow.
With the rest of the Product & Marketing teams, you will help us create written content for our Help Center and video tutorials for our YouTube Channel.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate educator and collaborator, with a passion for creative roles. They’re driven by their curiosity to solve problems and learn something new. They’re an effective communicator and a meticulous wordsmith. They also have experience using design tools or working with design teams, and feel comfortable communicating concepts to non-designers.
This is a full-time role that can be held remotely anywhere in the United States, though being an east-coast based business we do have a preference for the eastern half.
Ready to apply? Please include writing samples (links are fine) of your previous work with your application.
What you’ll do:
- Write articles for our Help Center for new features, and update and maintain existing articles.
- Work with our Product and Engineering teams to understand how new and existing features work as they’re still being developed.
- Prepare and embed screenshots, animated GIFs, and videos in Help Center articles.
- Explain concepts such as using configuring Breezy HR automations, how to post jobs, or use any one of our amazing features.
- Script videos for our YouTube channel, and narrate them yourself or with another member of our team.
- Identify and explain how multiple features work together to achieve complex outcomes.
- Contribute to, maintain, and co-own our internal voice and style guide.
- Maintain legacy Help Center articles. Find opportunities to review, revise, and improve our existing content.
- Contribute to Information Architecture decisions and demonstrate an understanding of how readers use our resources to learn.
- Collaborate with the UX writing team and cross-functional writing groups to align language, terminology, we use to explain the product.
- Consult with Subject Matter Experts to understand how users can benefit from features.
- Deeply understand our users’ needs, and be an advocate for their success.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy teaching with the ability to identify the optimal way to teach complex concepts or features, and are okay with abandoning ideas that didn’t work along the way.
- Are a story-teller who creates fun, compelling, engaging, and relatable narratives
- You value craft and focus on the details while thinking strategically to problem solve.
- Are a researcher who is curious to learn more about the product, and how our users use it to support their work and businesses
- Have experience managing projects with a proven ability to manage and deliver projects on-time, while maintaining scope.
- Are a builder who desires to create an inclusive and diverse environment for learning.
Here are some projects you might work on:
- Evaluate the information architecture of the help center in preparation for new product releases, and plan a way to update the content structure.
- Audit our existing content for accessibility, and help us update content to be more accessible to our readers.
- Create surveys, analyze data, and talk to users to inform future content strategy.
- Create a comprehensive style guide alongside our UX Writing and Marketing teams.