The Revenue group in HubSpot have made it their mission to deliver a set of world-class payment systems that give our 100,000 customers a seamless billing experience, allowing them to put their energy into being able to “Grow Better”.
HubSpot is looking to welcome a number of technical leaders with a backend focus who are passionate about developing and shipping world-class products.
These TLs will lead small autonomous Backend teams to deliver solutions that create exceptional value for our customers. Teams in Hubspot are kept small and nimble to maximise ownership and to eliminate scale challenges and communication overhead (e.g. very few meetings that could have been a Slack message!). This commitment to keeping teams small also allows our tech lead to be deeply technical and product-focused as well as spend time coaching the great developers they work alongside.
Our product teams are split-stack and can build whatever is needed without external dependencies or approval. This process is informed by many feedback loops: usability testing, direct customer interactions, usage tracking, customer support and other stakeholders, so the team decides what ideas to build and how best to implement them and can own their ongoing operation. If something is broken they own the fix – Hubspot doesn’t have a QA team. When customers are excited about what they have shipped they get the kudos.
What kind of engineer are we looking for?
- Previous software engineering experience in a senior or tech lead position – managing engineers or projects and taking responsibility for the team’s software design and delivery
- A hands on coder who is still passionate about their contribution to the code base
- Expertise in developing clean, scalable code in an object-oriented language
- Passion for product (feature) development and product innovation
- Comfort performing code reviews for engineers at all levels
- Experience working closely with product management and designers to help create a solution to meet our customers needs
- The ability to work collaboratively with the team to solve problems, transfer knowledge, and develop overall product architecture
- Coaching and mentorship experience
- A track record in partnering with recruiting to build remarkable engineering teams