Tripwire Interactive is looking for an Experienced Technical Director to come join our team. As an independent studio and publisher, Tripwire develops the games that we want, on our own schedule. Tripwire provides a professional yet non-corporate environment where every team member’s input and collaboration matters. Based in Roswell, GA just north of Atlanta, Tripwire is in the perfect area for those that enjoy sunny weather and a relatively low cost of living.
As a Technical Director you will have the opportunity to work with the team that has already created some of the most popular multiplayer shooters in the world. Do you have the skills, experience and ability we’re looking for? If you do, apply now and help us take our games to the next level!
*Note: During this unprecedented time, we are looking for individuals who are able and willing to work from home until all restrictions have been lifted in relation to COVID-19. At such time, the preference is for this to be an on site position. However, consideration will be given for candidates with exceptional experience and qualifications to work remotely.
- Develop technical constraints and specifications to ensure target performance on each platform is achieved and work with each department continually to ensure those targets are reached.
- Support project teams day to day, helping to identify technical risks and issues and provide solutions
- Identify internal and external dependencies and manage necessary outside support
- Maintain communications with all team members, team leads and executive management, internally and externally
- Keep up to date with industry related technical developments and feed that knowledge back to the leadership team and throughout the company.
- Suggest and lead process improvement initiatives
- Oversee the technical design documentation process
- Oversee the hiring of programmers including participating in resume reviews, technical screens, and active recruiting.
- Oversee the creation of a streamlined and effective build creation process
- Evaluate and Recommend new technologies and middleware to support the needs of the studio and its projects.
- Understand and articulate the trade-offs between technical & design choices, and solve for the best player experience
- Work with production staff and other leads to establish engineering tasks and subsequent schedule requirements across multiple disciplines of programming and technology
- A strong leader, mentor, and coach, with excellent communication skills
- Provide critical analysis of technology and development practices with the goal of improving game quality, team efficiency, and fostering a positive work environment
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electronics, or other software engineering related qualification
- 15+ years of applicable games industry experience
- Mastery of C++ in a game development environment and experience with several other languages
- Extensive knowledge in a broad range of software engineering areas with a mastery in at least one area (AI, graphics, networking, physics, etc).
- Must have management and project planning experience at least at the Lead Programmer level or above for at least 1 shipped title
- Strong communication skills
- Shipped at least one title from beginning to end as Technical Director
- Unreal Engine 4 experience
Preference to applicants with:
- 10+ years industry experience
- Masters degree in Computer Science or applicable field
- Multiplayer game development experience