Who we are
Newtron is a company that has been successfully providing digital services for our customers’ trade processes for 20 years. More than 1,000 purchasing companies and 100,000 suppliers worldwide trust our flexible solutions in the area of electronic procurement. Our teams ensure a dynamic atmosphere with curiosity, creative freedom and self-responsibility. In doing so, we rely on agile values, knowledge exchange and further training.
What you will do
As System Architect you are member of a cross-functional team and have the main responsibility for the architectural implementation of the use cases this cross-functional team is developing. Therefore, you are defining the domain driven design for the services and you work closely together with product management to translate the business requirements into detailed service design.
In detail you will perform the following tasks closely together with your agile team:
- Define the backend, middleware and frontend frameworks which should be used in development.
- Implementation of domain design, definition and structuring of services.
- Detailed analysis of functional and non-functional business requirements and translation into detailed service design and detailed requirements specifications.
- Definition and further development of the necessary system environments.
- Selection of persistence technologies and service and infrastructure architecture.
- Fostering of system and architecture documentation
Additionally, you are jointly responsible for the overall architecture of all teams as member of the “Architect body”. For this purpose, your work closely together with the architects of all other teams. You influence the overarching technical governance regarding further development of infrastructure, system, software and used tools. The goal is to provide customers with highly available, scalable business applications with a high degree of automation. Therefore, we focus on a state-of-the-art cloud-native technology stack with Microsoft Azure.
- Successfully completed studies with a focus on computer science or comparable education/professional experience.
- Willingness to work in a team to efficiently contribute one’s skills to the overall result and to further develop your own knowledge – as a System Architect, you are a particular professional role model and act proactively and responsibly
- In-depth knowledge of system architecture with microservices-based cloud services
- Several years of practical experience in development and test of enterprise applications
- Very good programming skills in common tools/languages such as Java & Spring Boot, Go, Typescript & React, ideally in a DevOps approach
- Very good knowledge of web technologies including HTML, XML/JSON, web services, REST, GraphQL, WebSockets
- Very good analytical understanding, structured and solution-oriented approach, as well as self-motivation, team spirit and flexibility
- The ability to directly and indirectly lead and develop a team with an agile mindset, being a role mode and giving technical guidance
- Very good written and oral communication in English. Knowledge of German is desirable.
What we offer
- Modern test-driven software development with state-of-the-art technologies
- Familiar working atmosphere, flat hierarchies and open communication
- Competitive salaries and various additional salary components (e.g. subsidy for KiTa fees, fitness, travel expenses, etc.)
- Company pension plan, accident insurance
- Professional and personal development
- Flexible working hours and the option of home office
- 30 days vacation
- Coffee, non-alcoholic beverages and fruit flat rate
- Joint team events
- Modern, ergonomically designed office close to the city center (good public transport connections)