The impact you can have
The SonarSource Languages Team is looking for a passionate C++ Developer to work on its advanced C-Family analyzer.
SonarSource’s C-Family code analyzer is designed to fulfill the needs of C and C++ developers: spotting tricky code quality and security issues as fast as possible while generating as little noise as possible. Dereferences of null pointers, memory leaks, dead code, logic flow errors … are some examples of those quality issues. The analyzer also helps enforcing coding standards like CPP Core Guidelines and MISRA C++2008. The analyzer is built on top of Clang front-end and can run inside the IDE as well as on CI systems. The analyzer is compatible with the mainstream C and C++ compilers: Clang, GCC, MSVC and Arm.
By joining the C-Family, you will be part of an autonomous team without a manager. You will choose what to work on. You will have fun facing the ultimate challenge of analyzing what is probably the most complex language in the world: C++.
On a daily basis, you will
- Develop new and maintain existing features for the C and C++ code analyzer
- Dive deep into the C++ language and argue about the best guidelines to use it effectively
- Evolve the way our analyzers understand code by creating better models and develop new rules on top of them
- Interact with clang front-end and have the opportunity to contribute back to it
- Contribute to the code quality of many developers around the world
- Define the team’s short and long term goals
- Be in a team where continuous integration is not just a buzzword and which really cares to provide the best user experience
The skills you will demonstrate
- Strong proven experience in C++ along with its development environment to understand end-users context and expectations
- Solid understanding of the internals of the C++ language and familiarity with its latest standards
- Fluency in C++ best practices for maintainable, secure, performant, and testable code
- Curious and eager to learn about the small details of the C++ language
- Bold and self-confident to challenge the status quo and yet humble and open to be challenged
- Compiler frontend knowledge is not required; you will learn it while working at SonarSource
Words from the team
The Languages Team’s mission is to build state-of-the-art static analyzers used by millions of developers.
We want to help developers to write better and safer code by spotting issues of several kinds for all major programming languages:
- Maintainability issues: code smells
- Reliability issues: bugs
- Security issues: vulnerabilities and security hotspots
Ultimately, we target all issues which can be found through static analysis, even if they require a very deep understanding of the code. The sky’s the limit! We believe that, as a side effect, our analyzers should educate developers about coding best practices thanks to the rule descriptions and to the raised issues.
From a SonarSource perspective, the mission of the Languages Team is to generate the data that will provide the most valuable feedback for users of SonarSource’s products.
How to perform during interviews
If you want to have an overview of the hiring process and maximize your chances to pass, feel free to check our Interview Preparation Guide!
We can consider remote workers on a case-by-case basis.