Job Title: Staff Software Engineer/Team Lead
Location: Reston, VA
About This Role:
Comscore is a data company. We collect and process trillions of data events each day, have 10s of petabytes of data online and each month our systems read and process nearly an exabyte. We analyze the media consumption behaviors of millions of consumers across the world, including online activity, television viewership, product purchases, and demographics all with an eye towards consumer privacy and data governance. Our clients include major internet companies, movie studios, television networks, manufacturers, advertising agencies, and anyone who wants to use our data and expertise to increase their marketing efficiency.
We are looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our cross-platform advertisement measurement team. You will lead a team of engineers to build next generation of advertisement measurement products. This job involves designing and maintaining big data, web & engineering solutions capable of running efficiently and robustly at petabyte scale.
What You’ll Do:
- Architect, design, and develop components for cross-platform advertisement measurement products
- Work closely with product, analytics and innovation teams to find best solutions for our clients.
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, outside-of-the-box thinking and teamwork
- Communicate clearly and concisely with the ability to synthesize a lot of information quickly and highlight key insights
- Collaborate with DevOps and operation teams to build fully automated data pipelines
What You’ll Bring:
- 6+ years of professional programming experience desired; Experience leading small or large engineering teams
- You have a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals and you are product and customer-oriented
- You are comfortable delivering an entire product, not just a functional component
- You have a strong affinity towards working with data
- You build your applications with an API-first approach
- You have several years of experience developing in Java or other object oriented languages
- You have good understanding of big-data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop and/or Scala
- Experience with Cloud technologies is highly desirable, especially AWS
At Comscore, we’re pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we’re united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you’re motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we’d love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry’s emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com.
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.