Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Who we want:
Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
Curious learners. People who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to be ready for what’s next.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data, and insights to drive continuous improvements in a function.
What You Will Do:
In this role, you will take a lead role in developing new software architectures as well as designing, prototyping, and developing software for visualization and image processing products. These may include cameras, light sources, displays, as well as prototypes for research. This individual works with marketing, regulatory, quality, and operations teams to drive a product from conception through production and commercial launch. This includes researching new technologies from multiple industries, creating prototypes to demonstrate the proof of concept, and demonstrating potential applications of those technologies. This individual is a technical leader in software development, software lifecycle management processes (i.e. IEC 62304), and software testing.
- Designs firmware/embedded software for visualization products including the creation of software requirements, architectures and detailed design documents.
- Generates firmware to implement the design, performs debugging and leads the resolution of software defects.
- Leader of software development processes; assists in software verification and validation activities.
- Participates in product design reviews and in software process development activities.
- Does research on possible applications for endoscopy by creating proof-of-concept demonstrations. Advances the state of technology by moving proof-of-concept prototypes to realizable products.
What You Need
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in computer science, EE, Computer Engineering or related fields.
- 4+ years related engineering experience.
- Expertise in C/C++/C# and embedded computing development environments and tools
- Proficient with GPU technology, including but not limited to writing optimized CUDA kernels, profiling GPU utilization and optimization kernels based on profiles.
- M.S. or PhD preferred.
- Proficient with video and image processing fundamentals.
- Ability to collect, analyze and interpret complex information with advanced mathematical and statistical tools using independent judgment.
- Experience with and knowledge of the FDA guidelines for medical device development and medical software development (IEC 62304)
- Comfortable collaborating with hardware engineers to design and specify microcontrollers/microprocessors and associated electronics.
- Exposure to embedded or real-time operating systems is a plus.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.