Staff Cloud Platform Engineer
at Cribl REMOTE, UNITED STATES
Cribl Inc is seeking a Staff Cloud Platform Engineer to join our mission to unlock the value of all observability data. Cribl provides users a new level of observability, intelligence and control over their real-time data. You will join a team of technical engineers who are committed to shipping only high-quality software and enjoying all the goat gifs the internet has to offer. This role is remote and you will be part of the engineering organization where you will contribute in our efforts to envision, create, deploy, test, and ship Cribl products.
In this role you will engage with engineering teams across the Cribl Cloud product and lead/support the design and implementation of core components that power Cribl Cloud. The Cloud Platform Engineer will be primarily responsible for utilizing technical skills to deliver infrastructure enhancements, coordinate global deployment efforts, and to provide insight and recommendations for implementing secure and scalable cloud based solutions. You will work closely with other cloud teams, project managers, engineers, and other functions in order to collaborate and succeed as a team.
In this position you will:
- Deliver end-to-end cloud platform infrastructure and robust API’s while applying patterns such as continuous integration to build, test, and deploy infrastructure enhancements and upgrades
- Ensure platform infrastructure designs and implementations follow safe and secure configuration practices that are repeatable and meet compliance standards
- Improve infrastructure operations through better use of monitoring, infrastructure as code and good coding practices
- Ensure code quality by incorporating and enhancing existing tools such as static code analysis or code coverage into your CI pipeline
- Tackle performance/stability issues while highlighting and driving areas of improvement
- Maintain critical services and provide visibility to internal teams
- Coach/Mentor team members in your practice and product area
- Experience in software engineering, software development, and/or system operations
- Experience with Linux Administration, Cloud Infrastructure (AWS), Container Technology, Platform Sizing, and Infrastructure Cost Reduction
- Experience automating infrastructure, testing, and deployments using tools like Cloud Formation, Ansible, or Terraform and can expertly teach others on concepts such as IaC, DevOps, and HA
- Experience with monitoring and observability tools and applications, such as Splunk, Data Dog or ElasticSearch.
- Proven ability to lead complex initiatives/projects from inception to completion
- No fear! Speak your mind
- Good jokes, or maybe better, bad jokes
- A love for goats
- Experience working remotely
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Stock Options
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- 401(k) plan offered
- Parental Leave
- Professional Development and Career Growth
- Generous Vacation and Holiday Policy, including 2 Floating Holidays to use for holidays you observe
- Social Responsibility Employee Group that reflects our value-driven company culture
Diversity drives innovation, enables better decisions to support our customers, and inspires change for the better. We’re building a culture where differences are valued and welcomed. We work together to bring out the best in each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.