Staff Accountant – Baltimore, MD
About the Company and Opportunity:
- Our client is a well known CPA firm in the Baltimore county area looking to add a new staff accountant to their growing team.
- Due to company growth and an increase in business, they urgently need to a staff accountant to work a temporary to hire basis.
- The company values its employees and has a strong interest on company culture and teamwork. They are known for promoting from within.
- They offer excellent benefits, including: 401K, team member discounts, company-paid healthcare, career advancement, flexible spending account, and highly competitive base salaries.
- This is a temporary position which can turn into a permanent role for the right candidate.
- Pay: $25-29/hour
Overview of the Staff Accountant role:
- Maintain the general ledger
- Prepare journal entries
- Handle all bank and account reconciliations
- Assist with audits and budgeting
- Financial statement preparation and analysis
- Prepare non-profit income tax returns and business filings
Preferred Qualifications for the Staff Accountant:
- 1-3 years in the public accounting field
- Must be actively pursuing CPA license
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- Self-motivated and strong analytical ability
- Enjoys working with others but is also able to perform well independently
- Strong knowledge of GAAP