Are you a software expert passionate about working with and influencing customer and OEM designs? Do you like using your software expertise to resolve hard technical problems? Would you thrive in a role where you are helping to define the next generation of PC capabilities?
CCG’s Client Customer Engineering (CCE) group is looking for energetic and experienced Software Engineers passionate about working with OEMs to lead and support design and development of the next generation of Intel platforms. You will be directly involved in driving and supporting the customers’ software (SW) technical needs including feature enablement, execution on new operating system (OS), driving SW quality initiatives, working with Platform and SW development, validation and performance teams and developing and presenting technical training materials. You will also work with marketing and field sales team to help resolve customers’ technical questions and participate or drive customer meetings.
As the SW technical expert, you will be responsible for triage and debug of bugs reported by OEMs to ensure OEM designs are launched timely.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must-have.
This is an incredible opportunity for software experts ready to help advance the capabilities of future PCs. Our hiring managers are reviewing resumes daily and reaching out to candidates quickly. Apply today!
It is all up to you, your imagination and Intel!
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in CE, CS or EE or similar technical STEM degree
6+ years of relevant industry experience
6+ years of experience with one or more of the following: sub-domains – security, audio, media, graphics, power and performance, camera, USB, sensors, touch, connectivity – BT/modem, display, WWAN, firmware/bios, Thunderbolt, or over-clocking.
5+ years of experience in the following:
- C/C++ programming
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and have the ability to work independently and in teams
- Knowledge of data structures, computer architecture, operating systems, and multithreaded programming
- Using Presentation skills, ability to understand, specify and communicate requirements to marketing and engineering teams
- Presenting to senior management and/or at industry level conferences
- Technical fundamentals of Computer Architecture (SBIOS, Hardware, Driver), OS (such as Windows 10), software development process
- Decision making and problem-solving role, sharing of technical specifications and marketing communication literature to OEMs
- Stakeholder and conflict management skills
In addition to the minimum requirements five or more experience with one or more of the following:
- Software development, debug, validation, or integration
- Win, Linux or Chrome OS with kernel/driver expertise
- Windows operating system fundamentals
- Agile/scrum expertise
- Working with teams across different GEO’s
Inside this Business Group
The Client Computing Group (CCG) is responsible for driving business strategy and product development for Intel’s PC products and platforms, spanning form factors such as notebooks, desktops, 2 in 1s, all in ones. Working with our partners across the industry, we intend to continue to advance PC experiences to deliver the real-world performance people demand. As the largest business unit at Intel, CCG is investing more heavily in the PC, ramping its capabilities even more aggressively, and designing the PC experience even more deliberately, including delivering a predictable cadence of leadership products. As a result, we are able to fuel innovation across Intel, providing an important source of IP and scale, as well as help the company deliver on its purpose of enriching the lives of every person on earth.
US, California, Folsom;US, California, Santa Clara
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.