We’re looking for a Ruby Developer to help keep our systems in tip top shape. This means taking ownership of the performance and maintainability of multiple systems.
We’re a distributed team, so day to day work requires active participation on Microsoft Teams, and the ability to seek help when you’re stuck and provide ongoing feedback to your teammates.
AS SR. RUBY ON RAILS DEVELOPER YOU’LL BE ASKED TO:
- Maintain and improve our ETL system, which has hundreds of API connections and produces millions of records that need to be processed quickly and accurately.
- Help us identify and solve for errors that will ensure our client experience is excellent for every user.
- Identify technical requirements and participate in peer reviews of solution design and related code.
- Proactively learn product frameworks and code base; continually improve upon existing applications and learn new technologies.
- Justify decisions made within the code being delivered and take ownership of any output.
- Participate in performance tuning, testing, refactoring, usability, and automation; support, maintain, and help document software functionality.
- Maintain coding, compliance, and security standards.
- 5-8 years of experience using Ruby on Rails and Ruby w/o Rails
- Familiarity with PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, and GraphQL
- You demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills
- You communicate effectively in meetings, presentations, and written forms
- You have experience at all levels of web technologies from infrastructure and databases to APIs and frontend.
- Preferred but not required: you have experience with Node.js, TypeScript, and React