Banking Technology supports technology for 3 parts of the Banking business under CIB, namely Global Investment Banking (GIB), Global Corporate Banking (GCB), and Treasury Services (TS). GIB works with a broad range of issuer clients, including corporations, institutions and governments, and provides comprehensive strategic advice, capital raising and risk management expertise. GCB manages the firm’s relationships with large corporations, financial institutions and public sector organizations globally to help our clients meet their objectives and challenges in financing, risk management, working capital, cash management and investments. TS delivers cash management, trade, liquidity, commercial card and escrow services that resolve the working capital and efficiency challenges treasury professionals face today.
Be part of Banking Technology in JPMorgan:
This is a Senior ReactJS Engineer role within the GIB / GCB Technology team who is highly passionate about application design & programming and aspires to contribute towards our digital transformation agenda. The role expects the developer to possess core java script fundamentals that includes writing componentized UIs as well as providing guidelines. The successful candidate will be able to handle working across teams and partnering with teams outside of our immediate group to shape and drive the UI landscape. You will join an inspiring and curious team for designing and developing our core deal lifecycle management platform, delivering world-class technology solutions, providing analytics, business intelligence & controls for the world’s #1 investment banking franchise, impacting thousands of users and generating $billions of revenue annually.
* Brainstorm with Product Team & UX designers to help shape the look & feel of the application and enrich user experience
* Run a tight front-end ship, ensuring code, architectural, and platform integrity.
* Design, develop, test, implement, and support technical front-end solutions in a full-stack environment of development tools and technologies
* Write maintainable & testable code that is consistent with JPMC standards
* Promote great architectural practices and process improvements through code reviews.
* Build re-usable components that can be shared across multiple team
* Build applications based on cloud-native principles and deployable to cloud platforms.
* Work with partner technology teams to ensure successful integration
* Participate & effectively contribute in scrum ceremonies with the product owner and scrum team
* Research and learn new methodologies & technologies and bring knowledge to the team
Interested? This is what you should have:
* Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* Solid knowledge of component design principles in React and Flux
* Hands on experience with React Hooks, ESNext, Typescript, REST, and experience developing SPAs
* Experience in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Know when (and when not) to apply common front-end software design patterns (e.g., asynchronicity, promises, techniques to avoid prop drilling, etc.).
* Strong believer in code quality and writing test cases using standard frameworks (jest, Cypress, @testing-library/react, etc.) and ability to do performance testing
ReactJS, Redux, TypeScript, ESNext, Material UI, HTML, CSS/JSS, Jest, @testing-library/react
Cypress, Storybook, Lerna, single-spa, esbuild, form libraries, emotion.js, GraphQL
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans