We are looking for a Senior Python Software Engineer to architect, design, and implement microservices that interact with the core mobile network. This role will also be responsible for mentoring other developers, establishing best practices, and growing our back-end development capabilities.
What you’ll do…
You’d be a great fit if you…
- Have 8+ years of relevant backend development experience.
- Have significant experience (6+ years) in the following areas:
- Building client-server applications, to include defining protocols, handling errors, security (e.g. encryption), and testing
- Use of message-bus architectures and message queue implementations.
- Relational database design and administration
- System performance analysis and tuning.
- Have experience (4+ years) with the following technologies / in these technical areas:
- Python, including using Python in large-scale applications (packaging, etc.)
- (Python) WSGI frameworks / application servers (e.g. Falcon, Flask, CherryPy)
- Deploying and managing deployment of software using Docker
- Have ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Are organized and won’t stop until the job is “solved forever”.
- Attitude and aptitude are key. These traits trump all others.
- This position requires the candidate to obtain and maintain a US government security clearance. In order to obtain a clearance, you need to be a U.S. Citizen and show proof of citizenship.
It would be even better if you had experience with…
- Asyncio development in Python
- Protobuf / gRPC
- Structured logging, opentracing/Jaeger, Prometheus
- NoSQL databases (e.g. Redis, Elasticsearch) experience
- Listed examples of open-source work (e.g. github accounts, stackoverflow profiles)
- Interest and/or experience in data visualization
- Experience in mobile telecom space