Come help us make a difference in the exciting area of virtual healthcare! We serve hospitals, health systems, and payors with an enterprise telemedicine software platform that has been a leader in mobile friendliness and enterprise scalability. We are looking for talented engineers and developers to join our Product Development team to help us execute on a robust roadmap and want to put their mark on improving access to healthcare for all! Our technology helps doctors perform meaningful patient interactions, convenient virtual healthcare sessions, remote patient monitoring, virtual triage, and smart patient routing, just to name a few.
This role is solely focused on Integration Projects and will lead the support of our own APIs, our HL-7 connections, SSO environments, and third-party APIs to extend the capabilities of our product. This position works closely with our Implementation and Engineering teams to ensure timely and accurate data integrations that are required to install our product at a large enterprises.
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Work closely with the application and implementation teams to determine the business needs for interfaces, document the requirements, and configure the interfaces.
- Provide proactive support by monitoring live interfaces and collaborating with customers and teammates to provide resolutions to any problems
- Support, troubleshoot, upgrade, and audit the interface engines.
- Research technical, interface and integration problems and routinely apply troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Maintain detailed architectural documentation for all deployed interfaces.
- Assist in development, writing and testing of various clinical, financial and quality reports
- Manage the flow of information about integration projects between internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain knowledge of current HL7 standards and requirements.
- Act as the companies primary point of contact for all things integration.
- 5+ years experience of integration engineering and support in the healthcare environment.
- Working knowledge of HL7 message types and segment/field mapping (SIU, ADT, etc.).
- Proficient healthcare data exchange formats such as XML, CCD, CDA and DICOM
- Proficient with Postgres SQL or other SQL databases
- Working knowledge of TCP/IP security, networking, and data transport methods.
- Ability to problem solve/troubleshoot interface issues through research.
- Ability to review specifications and architect interfaces based on their design
- Knowledge of Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working across a full stack with particular experience in designing and building micro-services, APIs, and integrations with third-party APIs and services.
VisuWell is the leader in patient-centered telemedicine, offering an easy-to-use, cloud-based platform that improves access to care through the integration of consumer devices, clinical monitoring peripherals, EHR platforms, SIP endpoints, and telemedicine carts. The VisuWell platform utilizes a flexible SaaS-delivery model enabling hospitals, health systems, payors and provider groups to offer enhanced access to healthcare services in a modern and secure way.