The Service Resiliency or Site Reliability discipline is at the cutting edge of DevOps and cloud native architecture. Our mission is to systematize reliability and recoverability across hundreds of services running at scale for some of the largest and most sophisticated enterprises. The SRE Team is a global organization in the making building the tools, architectures, methods, and culture to enable our service teams to exceed our reliability, security and efficiency goals.
Genesys’ Multicloud provides the industry’s first contact center and customer experience solutions for some of the largest and most sophisticated enterprise brands in the world as the primary and first interface opportunity for their end customers. We take a modern webscale approach to Site Reliability Engineering in software/pipeline release management, observability, and other practices in close partnership with application service teams.
What you will do:
- Own Site Reliability Engineering functions for Genesys Engage Multi Cloud SaaS platform (multiple cloud providers, and private edition).
- This role will report to SVP of Platform Engineering and Operations.
- Develop software driven, web scale approach to deliver world class Enterprise SaaS approach strategy with a centralized and embedded SRE approach for all production services working closely with application and platform teams.
- Deliver true 9999 and beyond resiliency along with velocity in software delivery by implementing best in class solutions in observability, software delivery, and pipeline, among other foundational DevOps practices.
- Manage and drive our site reliability engineering (SRE) strategic direction and culture that enables every engineering team to ship reliably, securely and efficiently.
What you will need to be successful in this role:
- 10+ years as a Software engineering leader in Platform or Application area with passion for applying software development principles to scalability, resiliency, performance and security.
- Leadership of technical teams in a globally dispersed development organization.
- Grown up as a developer with ability to get hands on in a range of technologies.
- Public and Private cloud expertise.
- Ideally experienced in delivery SaaS to large global enterprises.
- Ability to build technical and execution credibility with engineers.
- Hands on familiarity in range of SRE/DevOps technologies from Kubernetes/orchestration, software delivery pipelines, configuration and service discovery, public and private cloud provider platform services
- BS or MS in a technical engineering discipline.
The ideal candidate would have experience with
- Be proficient in one or more cloud providers, including AWS, Azure, and/or Google Cloud.
- Demonstrated track record of successful CI/CD practice
- Experience in Java and the Java technology ecosystem.
- Firm understanding of backend development, including Python, Java, REST API and NoSQL solutions.