SOLUTION ARCHITECT (BILINGUAL-FRENCH & ENGLISH)
Solution Architect is key for all our business areas. Your role is to understand business requirements for a project and design a technology solution that will meet the requirements in the following areas: Business, Application, Information, and Technology. In this role, you will bring your expertise as a Solution Architect to the next level. You will work with a diverse portfolio of technologies while contributing to several projects. Work and learn from some very experienced and hardworking developers and architects and tap into your expertise and become a key part of large client engagements with CGI!
Together with your team members, you will work in various exciting industries such as Banking, Investments, Government or Public sectors. To succeed, together we will actively monitor the opportunities offered by new technologies, new business approaches, and will design solutions that meet business needs in large projects or programs that capitalize on architectural targets and foundations. Our collaboration with clients is based on a local relationship-driven model, coupled with a global service delivery network.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
How you will spend your time on a typical day:
• You will direct multiple projects, guide resources and monitor the quality and acceptance of the solution process. Follow the detailed design to implementation to ensure conformance and consistency of services delivery.
• You will work with business partners to identify project risks, constraints and dependencies.
• You’ll provide guidance to customers and project team with respect to data requirements, data gaps and level of effort required to deliver a solution.
• Lead complex technical projects to develop, integrate and deploy IT solutions such as: compute/storage/network virtualization infrastructure, operating system upgrades and migrations.
• You will assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other impacted parties.
• You will interact with content team, product team, business, IT, Infrastructure team to assemble the requirements and come up with the right solution.
• You will pre-select and compare potential technical solutions including software selection when needed.
• Together with the team, you will help refine the organization’s future by providing architectural conception of the solution.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
Required qualifications to be successful
• Project management and leadership skills are essential.
• Strategic business acumen and understanding of organization strategy and ability to design a solution to deliver that strategy.
• At least 6 years’ experience in solution and application architecture leveraging modern development platforms.
• Experience in assessing a broad range of information solutions and products.
• Team player with experience leading and collaborating cross-team to ensure successful delivery of solutions.
• Strong conceptual and analytical skills – demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills ability to develop solution architecture designs.
• You speak fluently English and French.
Education and Certification:
• Bachelor’s or College degree with a focus on Information Technology/Programming, or equivalent.