Platform Engineer Manager
at Hopjump Kendall Square, Cambridge, MA
The Platform Engineering team’s mission is to deliver internal software solutions that drive revenue and improve the traveler experience provided by Hopjump’s externally-facing products. All members of this team take ownership and provide technical leadership across all of the internal software platforms and tools that power our traveler-facing applications. Ultimately, an ideal candidate will be able to align platform engineering activities with business objectives to ensure consistent and predictable delivery of valuable internal software solutions.
A successful Engineer Team Lead on the Platform Team at Hopjump will:
- Advocate for and support a team, while still being a primary contributor
- Architect and build cloud-based (AWS), scalable microservices – primarily in Python, (occasionally in Java)
- Implement well-defined features with good test coverage and peer reviews.
- Take a growth-oriented approach, aggressively seeking opportunities to maximize business value delivered.
- Lead cross-team coordination, acting as the primary point of contact for the team
- Be ready & able to learn/use Python & Java on a daily basis!
- Strike a balance between pragmatic, timely short-term solutions and technical debt avoidance
- Foster a healthy agile development environment both inside and outside the team
What we’re looking for:
- A./B.S. in Computer Science, or a related field
- 3-7 years of relevant work experience
- The ability to plan out a process and execute on it on a daily basis with an emphasis on achieving measurable results at the team level
- A mentor and technical leader with proven experience helping other engineers grow
- Entrepreneurial spirit and excitement about impact on the bottom line of the company, and on building the company’s value
- A passion for personal growth and a demonstrated ability to learn quickly
- The ability to identify gaps in process and work with the team and stakeholders to implement and ensure the staying power of new process
- Experience with the technologies commonly used in our environment is a plus, but not strictly required. Some of these technologies are: Redis, Apache Kafka, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Amazon Redshift, InfluxDB, uWSGI, Kubernetes, Ansible, and many more.
Things You’ll Like About Hopjump:
- We value and encourage creative thinking & intellectual curiosity.
- You’ll have a very clear understanding of how your work matters to the company.
- You’ll find interesting new challenges every day on the forefront of online marketing.
- You’ll be given the responsibility to have a big impact on and opportunities for leadership within our business from early on.
- You’ll be part of a passionate team with broad skills and interests.
- We have fun! Frequent company (social distancing safe) events and game nights.
- We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a relaxed work environment with plenty of perks.