We are looking for a Software Engineer who will work in the Research & Development team and will develop information systems by studying operations; designing, developing, and installing software solutions; support and develop software team. The ideal candidate has the following traits:
- Ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering skills.
- Creative engineering balanced with high quality and a customer focus.
- Must be able to work across multiple facets of the project and juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time.
- Strong analytic capability and the ability to create innovative solutions.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual who is looking to grow their career in a fast-paced environment.
- Deliver entire application life cycle – concept, design, build and test complex web applications
- Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant functional and technical solutions
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Unit-test code for robustness, including corner cases, usability, and general reliability
- Perform bug fixing and ensure acceptable application performance
- Continuously upgrade knowledge on technology changes, evaluate impact to application, and implement changes to ensure minimal latency in application availability to users
- Work closely with project/product managers while effectively working across multiple projects and delivering to deadlines
- Mentor the team members on the nuances of technology and implement best practices within the team
- Display positive attitude in the face of aggressive timelines and having sense of pride in meeting delivery timelines with utmost quality
- Knowledge and experience in Agile methodology
- Passion for continuous learning and adapting to new technologies
- Provide guidance, reference, and direction to team members
- Must be a self-motivated go-getter and be able to take up initiatives
- Master’s degree in appropriate field of study
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Programming Language: Java, J2EE
- Framework: Spring MVC, Spring Security, Hibernate, JMS
- Database: SQL
- Operating System: Linux
- Configuration Management: GIT
- Tools & Utilities: STS
- Web/Application Server: Jboss
- Excellent hands on experience and knowledge of SQL
- Strong experience in Web services (SOAP and RESTFUL)
- Should have expertise in Design Patterns, Transactions, Multi-threading concepts
- Experience using Maven
- Knowledge of data structure
- Working knowledge of GIT, Tomcat server, Jboss and OAuth
- Exposure to Spring Integration batch knowledge, OAuth2 authentication
- Good knowledge of using API’s for Maps, Location services and other third-party API’s