The role will be 100% remote for now #socialdistancing. Eventually, it will convert into an onsite role in San Francisco CA. Relocation bonus available depending upon location.
Are you someone who likes perfection or getting close to it? Are you someone who likes fixing problems? Are you someone that double-checks all locked doors when in a scary cabin in the woods? If you said yes to these then we got a job for you!
Odoo is seeking to significantly expand its vibrant and innovative Engineering team. Apply to work within an organization that values independence, flexibility, and personal growth.
The Engineering team is responsible for reviewing, writing, testing code within implementations of customized client deployment, and helping customers streamline their business with Odoo. Migration Engineers will be the go-to person to fix the existing code, maintain and migrate to new versions of Odoo. You will create modifications to specific deployments of Odoo’s applications based on our clients’ requirements. Your work will ensure customer satisfaction as well retention for an ever-growing company.
We expect the candidate to be proactive and have a “get it done” spirit.
- Maintain operation state of the client solutions as part of a cross-functional team consisting of business advisors, other developers, and customer
- Migrate client solutions to the future release of Odoo and guarantee persistent solution delivered to the customer at the initial development
- Have ownership of the assigned Migration Project/Issues and deliver quality solutions on-time
- Design/develop an effective and scalable integrated solution within Odoo or third party application integration
- Troubleshoot, debug, fix and upgrade software and ensure client software solution works robustly in the field
- Adhere to and promote best software programming practices such as coding standards, code and design reviews, and test coverage.
- Provide the support to maintain these specific solutions??
- Implement specific modification requests throughout our various apps
- Support any migration and software refresh activities such as moving databases on a cloud platform, troubleshooting the pre and post-migration and communicating with stakeholders on the same, coordinating with related teams to get the job done efficiently.
You are a strong candidate if you have:
- Frontend: Functional knowledge of HTML and SASS/ LESS/CSS
- 1+ year experience working with any Object-Oriented programming language: Python preferred
- Familiarity with database architecture and design concepts (UML/ERD/RDBMS)
- Ability to debug and optimize existing tailored solutions
- Ability to effectively communicate technical concepts with other members of the team and with external business partners & customers.
- Professional technical communication and writing ability
- English fluency
- Able to work in a rapidly evolving field
- Experience in a SaaS company
- Unix/Linux platform
- Additional optional languages
Compensation and Perks:
- $100 towards a work from home office set up + the ability to pick up chairs, laptop stands etc. as needed. (All office equipment picked up is considered office property whereas the $100 spent on office equipment would be yours to keep)
- Free books for professional development
- Benefits include: healthcare (KAISER!), dental, vision, life insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account
- Compensation includes base salary and commissions for all strategic partnerships sales team members
- PTO (Paid-time-off), paid sick days, and paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program; 3 X 1 hour telehealth calls with certified mental health professionals
- Evolve in a nice working atmosphere with a passionate growing team!
Once back in the office (Post social distancing):
- Company-sponsored events for groups of 6+ employees
- Pre-tax commuter benefits such as parking and transit
- Chef-prepared lunches – snacks, fruit, and coffee/drinks on tap!
- Yoga classes on-site and other activities possibly expensed if multiple employees attend, especially sports-focused activities
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to Odoo’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a pleasant and supportive place to work. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.