- Deep dive into our customers’ needs, and work with product management to define new services
- Own the technical vision, implementation, best practices and infrastructure within your domain
- Develop close relationships with product management and peer engineers
- Become an expert in your payments domain and mentor junior software engineers
- Proactively improve our architecture, frameworks, tooling, automation, and best practices
- Comfortable continuously delivering code, infrastructure, and tests throughout the product development lifecycle
- Able to lead proposals, design and architect systems through research into use cases
- Obsessed with finding edge cases, understanding requirements, and design implications
- Proactive in monitoring running systems and troubleshooting production issues
- Committed to communicating and working cross-functionally with other teams to ensure the delivery of quality code and features
- Experience with several life-cycles building systems using Java.
- Implemented secure APIs, highly available and observable services.
- Strong multitasking skills and can manage competing priorities.
- Raised the bar on every project you were involved in.
About our benefits and perks Finix offers a comprehensive benefits package for all employees. Benefits are effective on the 1st of the month after your start date.
- Health: We offer a variety of health insurance plans with two major carriers (UHC for national coverage and Kaiser as an additional option for CA). Finix pays 90% of the employee premium and 50% of the dependent premium for whichever plan you choose. The remainder of the premium will be deducted from your paycheck pre-tax.
- Dental: PPO dental plan through Beam Dental, one of the best new dental carriers with national coverage. Finix covers 90% of the employee premium and 50% of the dependent premium.
- Vision: Vision plan through VSP. Finix covers 90% of the employee premium and 50% of the dependent premium.
- Life / AD&D: Company-paid Life/AD&D insurance with coverage for 1x your annual salary.
- Short-term / Long-term Disability: Company-paid short-term and long-term disability insurance.
- Medical and Dependent Care FSAs: Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for out-of-pocket medical or dependent care expenses.
- Commuter Benefits: Pre-tax account for parking or transit expenses.
- 401k: 401k account through Guideline.
- Paid Time Off: In addition to federal holidays, we offer accrued time off of up to 15 days per calendar year. Sick time is accrued separately at up to 9 days per calendar year.
Finix is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.