THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
– Redefine what automation solutions in the manufacturing industries can be while automating the process of designing, developing, and deploying new production lines.
– Create tools for auto-generating automation controls for manufacturing equipment including:
- Electrical schematics
- PLC code
- Robot code
- Human Machine Interfaces (HMI)
– Create tools that allow for agile software development for automation controls including:
- Unit testing
- Static Analysis
– Develop software for use in a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) for part quality, genealogy, and process control
– Use IoT practices and protocols such as MQTT to enable the mass collection and analysis of data from manufacturing lines to drive optimization and predict failures.
– Design and develop in-house software to use as a user-interface for controlling and troubleshooting automation equipment
– Design powerful SCADA applications to provide maximum visibility into the realtime and historical performance of the automation lines.
– Design robust and redundant infrastructure for hosting software used for the production runtime. This includes the usage of clustering for load balancing and fail-over on distributed systems.
– Use modern software tools and practices to ensure high performance, low latency, and ease of deployment.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
– Understanding of network protocols used in automation environments such as TCP/IP
– Experience programming with HTML5, React, Go, Python, and similar
– Experience working with continuous integration & continuous deployment (CICD) pipeline tools such as Jenkins
– Experience working with dockerized containers and clustering using systems such as Kubernetes
– Experience with data collection and streams using tools such as Kafka
– Experience working with databases and distributed storage systems such as MySQL and Cockroach DB
– Experience working on applications for the manufacturing industry
– BS/MS Computer Science or equivalent
– Will also accept applicants with relevant work experience developing software with a BS/MS in engineering disciplines relevant to automation (Electrical, Mechatronics, etc.)