As an engineer on the team at Plex focused on the Android client platform you will be part of a group responsible for building & maintaining one of the most-watched & highest-rated streaming apps on Android mobile and Android TV. You will collaborate with other teams across the organization to deliver new features, as well as work on bug fixes, code reviews, and participate in key decisions that drive the team & product forward.
What you bring to the table
- You have mobile engineering experience (2-8 years or more)
- You have experience writing code in multiple languages such as Kotlin, Java, Swift or Objective-C
- You have familiarity with the MVVM design pattern.
- You are familiar with Git and Github
- You’re kind, humble, helpful, and get stuff done.
- You have read the 8 Plex values and are willing to go out of your way to embrace, maintain, and continue those values and the amazing Plex culture.
- You’re self-motivated, ready to work fully remote, and able to work well in a distributed team across the globe.
- You’re a software engineer with experience working in groups, but with the ability to work independently.
- You believe in asking for help and helping others when they ask, never throwing a problem over the wall.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, with an ability to be nimble and shift priorities as called for in a dynamic space.
- You are hungry to have an impact, continuously working to improve our product, process and push the team to be its best.
- You are detail-oriented and focus on delivering seamless, high-quality mobile applications
- Plex hires new team members in countries around the world.
- As such, Plex does not sponsor employment visas.
- All of our roles are remote, however, some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our hiring team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
- Also, please note, though we largely work asynchronously, as it relates to meetings, those generally occur in UTC -7 to UTC -4
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Flexible paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Hardware stipend
- Flextime, work from anywhere
- Comprehensive health insurance (medical/dental/vision) (US employees)
- Stock options
- 401k (US employees)
- Plex for the Planet community service opportunities
Does this sound interesting? We’re looking for a Software Engineer, Android who is ready to join us to have a material impact in Plex’s growth and success!