Chewy is seeking a Manager of Engineering to join our Giftcards team in Boston, MA. This role has significant growth opportunity to own and drive our Giftcards internal platforms which is projected to be Chewy’s next billion-dollar line of business!
In this role you will lead the engineering technology team responsible for building our Giftcards Systems from the ground up. You will be innovating the process and development strategies to support Chewy’s explosive growth in customers, sales, and team expansion. The Giftcard engineering team owns implementation, data stewardship, architecture, and transformation of all things Giftcards.
The ideal candidate will have proven, hands-on experience managing a team of engineers and maturing team operations. Above all other factors, we are looking for smart, driven candidates who want to be part of a culture of innovation and creativity.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage and lead a team of 4-7 experienced engineers responsible for building Chewy’s next generation Giftcards System and complimentary products.
- Drive technical decisions and be accountable for the delivery of solutions on initiatives they own.
- Drive the team toward execution of corporate strategic objectives
- Contribute to road map definition in collaboration with technical and product leadership.
- Review code and implementations; provide feedback for technical contributors.
- Must be able to identify and manage priorities within the context of overall company objectives based on data driven decision making.
- Build your team and mentor the growth of the existing team.
- Establish technical standards and guidelines to ensure integrity of systems and compliance with company IT standards, policies, and processes
- Ensure service level agreements with business units are met
- Implement operations processes that cover day-to-day job flow execution and a support model that reduces support requirements on engineers
- Implement process measurements to ensure quality standards and throughput is maintained by each engineer
What You’ll Need:
- Demonstrated history of implementing and managing multiple software development projects.
- 5+ years of experience in Software Development as a software engineer
- 2+ years of experience in Engineering Management
- Fluency in 1 or more programming languages and database technologies
- Proven delivery experience working under an Agile/Scrum methodology
- Position may require travel
- E-commerce experience
- Java experience
- AWS development experience