Location: Los Angeles, CA
Other location(s): Seattle (WA)
Relocation benefits offered: Yes
Travel required: None
“I can be myself at work.”
You define yourself by more than just a job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions and your take on the world everything that makes you unique. We’re working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and our communities because we know that what makes us different makes us better.
We want you to feel a strong sense of belonging. We value and welcome your experiences, ideas and identity. Over 40 employee resource groups unite our people and help to develop our collective empathy through unfiltered conversations about race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, disabilities, mental health and so much more.
“I can influence my income.”
You want to feel recognized at work. Your performance will be reviewed annually, and your compensation will be designed to motivate and reward the value that you provide. You’ll receive a competitive salary, bonuses and benefits. Your company-funded retirement contribution will be the equivalent of 15% of your annual pay (including bonuses).
“I can lead a full life.”
You bring unique goals and interests to your job and your life. Whether you’re raising a family, you’re passionate about where you volunteer, or you want to explore different career paths, we’ll give you the resources that can set you up for success.
- Enjoy generous time-away and health benefits from day one, with the opportunity for flexible work options
- Receive 2-for-1 matching gifts for your charitable contributions and the opportunity to secure annual grants for the organizations you love
- Access on-demand professional development resources that allow you to hone existing skills and learn new ones
COVID-19 HIRING: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic and we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home environment until further notice. We are offering generous work-from-home benefits to improve our associate’s ability to work remotely.
Are you passionate about building quality processes and tooling at a company with a global footprint and over $2 trillion dollars of assets under management? Do you want to help millions of families reach their financial goals?
We build data services and applications our investment professionals leverage to enhance investment decisions and recommendations, ultimately to help our customers achieve their financial goals. We take pride in building modern, quality-centric, scalable systems and services and are looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to further drive testing capabilities within the organization.
A successful candidate will be a talented SDET who is excited to work with a team of top-notch Quality Assurance and Software Development professionals to build out our end-to-end platforms in an Agile/Scrum environment. You will design, build, integrate, and maintain scalable test automation frameworks and solutions that will enable engineering teams to test, measure, and own the quality of their services while having the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas to enhance coverage, efficiency, stability, and scalability. The test solutions you build will expose defects in production level code at the integration and end-to-end levels. You are expected to have industry-leading technical abilities that enable you to have a combination of solid in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance, related procedures, and methodologies as well as knowledge of object oriented design principles. The ideal candidate gets excited about making certain the user experience is the best possible. If you enjoy broadening your technical skills, building new tools, and working in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and innovation, then this is the job for you.
- Design, develop, and implement complex and scalable cross-organization test solutions to aid detection of defects early in the development lifecycle
- Collaborate with software engineering teams to drive continuous integration, delivery, and improvement
- Work with Development and Quality teams to develop, advocate, and enforce best practices, coding standards, and design to promote overall product quality and testability
- Develop mechanisms to gather metrics around software quality to enable effective, data-driven decision making in regard to quality improvement
- Analyze requirements, code, and specifications to effectively apply appropriate testing techniques ranging from risk-based, structured, exploratory, functional, and non-functional techniques across the integration, and end-to-end layers to develop a holistic test strategy ensuring comprehensive test coverage
- Proactively identify trends and makes recommendations that result in quality improvement
- Mentor junior SDETs, QAAEs and SDEs
- 8+ years of relevant experiences as an SDET or Software Development Engineer
- Demonstrated proficiency in test framework design and development with a modern programming language
- Experience with Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, and complexity analysis
- Hands-on experience building and maintaining automated test scripts to test at the integration, UI, and database layers
- Excellent knowledge of the software development lifecycle and quality assurance methodologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to establish and maintain close working relationships with distributed team members and business partners
“I can apply in less than 4 minutes.”
You’ve reviewed this job posting and you’re ready to start the candidate journey with us. Apply now to move to the next step in our recruiting process. If this role isn’t what you’re looking for, check out our other opportunities and join our talent community.
“I can learn more about Capital Group.”
At Capital Group, the success of the people who invest with us depends on the people in whom we invest. That’s why we offer a culture, compensation and opportunities that empower our associates to build successful and prosperous careers. Through nine decades, our goal has been to improve people’s lives through successful investing. We know that our history is a testament to the strength of the people we hire. More than 7,800 associates in 30+ offices around the world help our clients and each other grow and thrive every day. Find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, FairyGodBoss, DiversityJobs and Instagram.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Developer, Social Media, Computer Science, Testing, Technology, Marketing, Research