Do you enjoy Software and Development and are you looking for a permanent, stable job in an environment where you will be treated like family?
Do you want to be part of a dynamic team where you will have fun at work each day?
GLS Canada is the company for you!
The software developer’s role is to design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. The software developer will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salaries
- Stimulating positions
- Opportunity for advancement
- Insurance plan according to your needs
- RRSP plan
- Corporate discounts
- Annual salary review
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program
- Referral bonus
- Personal Protection Equipment (Safety boot allowance program, safety vest(s), COVID-19 masks, ear protection etc.)
Strategy & Planning
- Assist other developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications.
- Plan phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications.
- Research and document requirements of software users.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Generate statistics and prepare and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines.
- Install software products for end users as required.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or appearance of company Web site and/or related Web applications as necessary.
- Remove code script from company Web site and/or related Web applications as necessary.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
GLS Logistics Systems Canada Ltd. (GLS Canada), previously known as Dicom, meets the needs of business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) customers through parcel, freight and logistics services in Canada. The company was originally founded in Quebec in 1968 and was acquired by General Logistics Systems B.V. (GLS) in August 2018. The GLS Group is recognized as one of the leading parcel service providers in Europe with one of the largest ground-based transportation networks covering 40 countries.
While the Dicom name will always be a part of our history, we are now building our future as GLS Canada. This is an exciting time as the company is undergoing its transition, which will bring forward many opportunities for both our customers and our employees!
Our employees are motivated, passionate and have the desire to perform. We are constantly expanding and looking for individuals who are ready to grow within our evolving organization.
Please take note that GLS Canada is subscribed to a pay equity in employment. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science or software engineering, and/or 1 year equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in software development.
Knowledge & Experience
- Extensive technical knowledge of programming languages, including C#, Java and Node.JS.
- Experience working with enterprise applications, including Jira and Confluence.
- Hands on experience working in integrated development environments, including AWS and Azure.
- Experience working with Microsoft, Linux operating systems.
- Extensive experience with SQL Server databases.
- Extensive experience with source control systems preferably Bitbucket or GitHub
- Familiarity with the transportation industry an asset.
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies, including RESTful Webservices, Queuing platforms and OpenAPI specification.
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Experience with specific phases of the software development life cycle, especially testing and deployment.
- Familiarity with Agile (Scrum and/or Kanban) software development methodologies.
- Knowledge of caching/in memory database technologies are an asset (Redis,Memcached)
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Highly logical.
- Technically proficient.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Creativity in the case of Web or interface design.
- Overtime hours may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Some travel may be required for the purpose of off-site software installation.