Extreme Engineering Solutions (X-ES) is seeking a motivated software developer to join our business applications team. Working within a small team of about 10 developers, you will have the opportunity to create applications that have a direct and meaningful impact on the company’s engineering, manufacturing and financial success.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be a force multiplier for other departments by building features that provide them with new capabilities and increased productivity
- Become knowledgeable in the business domains relevant to the software you build and operate
- Help your team to continuously improve by contributing to tooling, documentation and development practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Previous development experience with Symfony or other modern MVC web frameworks
- Experience using (or willingness to learn) Knockout.js and jQuery
- Some familiarity with design patterns and architectural patterns of enterprise software
- REST and RPC API design and development experience
- Any of the following system administration skills: LXC, Ansible, ZFS, Bash scripting, Jenkins, MySQL administration / clustering or related tools and technologies
- 2-3 years of experience writing production object-oriented software in a professional setting
- Proficiency with at least one high-level programming language such as PHP, Python, Ruby, or Perl
- Comfortable with Phabricator or other modern development tools such as Git and GitHub / GitLab
- Effective working both on a team and independently
Compensation and Benefits:
Extreme Engineering Solutions offers a competitive compensation package with excellent benefits, including group health and dental insurance, paid time off, 401(k) contribution, and participation in the employee stock ownership plan.
Extreme Engineering Solutions is located in the Madison, WI area. The company designs and manufactures rugged embedded computing solutions for a variety of applications. For more information, visit www.xes-inc.com.
Extreme Engineering Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by law.
All X-ES job postings and application procedures are posted in compliance with Section 39.08 of the Madison General Ordinances.