SMT Machine Operator – Richardson, TXWeekend Shift Fri-Sun 6:00AM-6:30PM
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must be familiar with Surface-Mount Technology (SMT) electronic components and SMT assembly processes
• Must be able to set-up and operate automated SMT assembly equipment including Screen Printer, Glue Dispensing Machine, Pick and Place Machine, and Reflow Oven
• Must be able to properly clean boards
• Able to perform visual inspections of SMT assemblies
• Able to maintain accurate job tracking records
• Able to interpret IPC-A-610 standards for acceptability and customer specifications
• Shall be accountable for quality, quantity and inspection of work performed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Knowledge of Component Identification
• Knowledge of bill of materials, assembly drawings, product specific documentation, work instructions, and other general documents
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
• Strong verbal/written communication as well as organization/interpersonal skills
• Computer literacy
• High School Diploma or GED
• 3 to 5 years’ experience in circuit board manufacturing
• IPC-A-610 or IPC J-STD-001Mycronic/Mydata experience is a plus
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
Other Skills and Abilities
Ability to work with others in a team environment
Ability to accept direction from superiors
Ability to follow work rules and procedures
Ability to accept constructive criticism
Detailed knowledge of component package styles and their relationship to manufacturing processes
Effectively communicates with job contacts in a positive manner, maintaining appropriate confidentiality
Physical Demands While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust.