UKG is seeking a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) with a robust and diverse background in Software Engineering, Software Design, and Systems Architecture with a focus on automation, reliability, and system integration. Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) is an engineering discipline that combines software and systems engineering to build and run large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant systems. An SRE ensures that UKG’s services—both our internally critical and our externally visible systems—have reliability and uptime appropriate to users’ needs and a fast rate of improvement while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance. At UKG, our Site Reliability Engineers (SRE) come from both development and operations backgrounds with a common passion for running products at scale in production. Our SRE engineers are always seeking to understand how our systems work end to end without boundaries.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services from conception to inception, including: system design, build, and deployment
- Define and implement standards and best practices related to: System Architecture, Deployment, metrics, operational tasks
- Support services through activities such as monitoring availability, system health, and incident response
- Improve system performance, application delivery, and efficiency through automation, process refinement, post mortem reviews, and in-depth configuration analysis
- Engage in Communications across all areas of the organization
- Knowledge of resilient systems as well as anti-fragility design patterns
- Knowledge of distributed systems
- Knowledge of service-oriented architectures
- Knowledge of microservice architectures
- Experience in one or more of the following: Python, Go, Angular, .Net Core (C#), JAVA, Node.js
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals and administration (e.g., filesystems, inodes, system calls) and networking (e.g., TCP/IP, routing, network topologies).
- Experience with containerization, such as Kubernetes, bosh, docker
- Experience with Configuration Management (Puppet/Chef/Ansible)
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability and willingness to work evenings / nights on occasion (Participate in on-call rotation)
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis, and software design.
- Experience with OpenStack
- Experience with administration of ElasticSearch, MySQL, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Redis, in production environment a PLUS
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform Products
- Exposure to writing SQL scripts preferred
- Technical writing
- Development Background
- Gremlin/Chaos Engineering Tools
Check out how we give our employees the chance to work on whatever project they want for 48 hours! https://youtu.be/2Aw55CP1IO8
Typical Interview Process:
- If your application is selected, a Talent Acquisition Team Member will reach out to schedule a phone screen with them.
- If selected to move forward, you will complete a HackerRank Coding Assessment.
- If you pass, you will either move forward to a technical phone call for an additional screening, OR directly to an onsite interview.
- Offer stage.